Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hard ridden XR Video  (Read 1505 times)

Offline wilbert

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 XR Sport SE
  • Town: Lancashire
Hard ridden XR Video
« on: August 25, 2018, 10:35:53 AM »

Well I wish I had the balls / skill to do half of this on my XR. I may do some on my KTM XC350f as it bounces rather well and is worth about 20% of what the XR is. OK I'm never going to be a riding god but I have fun each time I ride.

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: Hard ridden XR Video
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 02:47:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by wilbert [+]

Well I wish I had the balls / skill to do half of this on my XR. I may do some on my KTM XC350f as it bounces rather well and is worth about 20% of what the XR is. OK I'm never going to be a riding god but I have fun each time I ride.

:005: :005:  How would you feel if you realised thats who you bought your XR from...... :005:  :001: :001: :001:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline zbdmark

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Warwickshire
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 09:56:04 PM »
Seen this before.Love how he leaves the panniers (side cases) on whilst doing those stunts!  :745:
Avoiding depression is easy - ride your bike as often as possible

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 01:45:50 PM »
Wouldn't buy a second hand XR from that guy. Perhaps that a demo bike from your local dealer that they will sell on in a few months - no thanks  :305:
PSH

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 10:00:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by PaulS1000XR [+]
Wouldn't buy a second hand XR from that guy. Perhaps that a demo bike from your local dealer that they will sell on in a few months - no thanks  :305:

Nope!
this guy is a professional rider for BMW and others so I guess he's not paying for the bikes, tyres and damage, all the same impressive.
After over thirty years behind the bars, I’ve still not done it all or seen it all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/emmanuelgoldstein1

Offline tor

• XR Member
  • Norwegian Viking
  • Bike: 18 XR / 15 GSA
  • Town: Pee Dee of SC
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 10:46:27 PM »
Yep, Chris McNeal is no joke...

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Pro
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Saint Paul
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 12:53:29 PM »
Video makes me giggle and smile.

It also makes me realize that the XR is so much more capable a machine than I'll ever use it for.
-Erik

"...but the XR is a sports bike on stilts!"
  -- zbdmark

Offline OW31

• XR Member
  • Town: Brisbane
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2018, 12:37:00 AM »
Had an impromptu off road session yesterday after getting lost and learned a few things.
Diablo rosso 111's aren't suitable for offroad use.
linked brakes arent suitable for offroad use.
Traction control is crap offroad, the bike used in those videos must be modified as even in dynamic pro the traction control is still on, in dynamic the bike is unusable it cuts all power virtually instantly, dynamic pro allows some loss of traction but not to the extent he was getting it.
The xr is too heavy for offroad use, I nearly gave myself a hernia trying to drag it out of a boggy washout.
Nothing broke.
I need another dirtbike.

Online Watshot

• XR Member
  • Bike: XR Sp SE
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2018, 01:37:17 AM »
You can switch off ACS, DTC and ABS separately using the ABS button on the left-hand controls. You get the warning lights on the left of the dash to stay on indicating that those systems are off. The procedure is explained from page 52 onwards in the manual, assuming versions are the same worldwide. It's section 4 "Operation". You have to hold down the button and wait for lights and release button etc. This is irrespective of riding mode.  :028:

Offline OW31

• XR Member
  • Town: Brisbane
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2018, 04:59:00 AM »
I turned off the ABS, didn't know you could completely turn off the traction control tho'.

dysfunctional