Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Net Seat Covers  (Read 788 times)

Offline VFRHawk

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: St Neots
Net Seat Covers
« on: August 26, 2018, 07:20:51 PM »
Hey,

Wondered if anyone on here had any experience with net seat covers on their XR's?  I met a guy the other day that had one on his GS and swore by it - helped keep his backside cool and dry, and stopped numbness.  I also wonder if it might help some of the minor vibe issues.  He reckoned he'd try gel and memory foam sadles, and this was better by far.

I can't find much about them online - most of the ones I can find seem to have various issues reported like them not fitting well - so thought I'd see if anyone on here had tried them.

Graham

Offline Bree

• XR God
Re: Net Seat Covers
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 07:48:12 PM »
Hi vfrhawk.
I am not sure if this is the type of seat cover you mean. But I have used this one for the last three years and its great.
To get the link just type in  Treat-Light 2 and go to there web site.  I use the Large size  33cm x 25cm x 18cm . In my group of riders three of us use these, and I can highly recommend them.. :305: :305:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline VFRHawk

• XR Junior
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 09:28:04 PM »
Unfortunately searching for Treat-Light 2 gives me products for treating Seasonal Affecting Disorder!!   :164:

Offline VFRHawk

• XR Junior
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 09:33:28 PM »
TREAT LITE2 takes me to a DanMedicaSouth page, but they're out of stock.  Looks very similar to what I had in mind though, so thanks.  This looked like the guy had tied a string shopping bag on to his saddle, if that makes sense?  Much neater than the image that conjures up in my head though!

Will keep an eye open for them coming in to stock.

Graham

Offline Jockser

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Kildare
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 08:13:56 AM »
Think this might be what you're looking for - https://www.coolcovers.co.uk/?

I was looking at them yesterday, after 2 weeks of 'sweaty ar$e syndrome' in France recently

Offline Becksy

• XR Pro
  • Town: Warwickshire
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 10:28:55 AM »
I use an Airhawk for longer journeys which has a mesh like cover. Very good it is.

Offline VFRHawk

• XR Junior
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 11:14:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jockser [+]
Think this might be what you're looking for - https://www.coolcovers.co.uk/?

I was looking at them yesterday, after 2 weeks of 'sweaty ar$e syndrome' in France recently

If anyone is interested in Cool Covers, the Missenden Flyer has just done a review of it on his GS:

£75 for the XR, and in stock.

Offline lacmac

• XR Junior
  • Scotsman in Malaysia
  • Bike: Bmw k1300s
  • Town: Ipoh
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 11:36:36 PM »
£75 is a bit expensive for that.

I've used one on my k1300s for the last 3yrs. The one I used is a generic type that fits most seats, it has velcro straps under it, so you adjust to the shape of the seat. And it only cost about £5 here in Malaysia. It makes a huge difference in the heat, especially when the bike is left out in the sun. Normally your butt is on fire for about 10mins till it cools down. But with the mesh it's always cool and also when it rains, your butt stays relatively dry.

Saw them on ebay here;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Breathable-Motorcycle-Air-Mesh-Seat-Cover-Elastic-Stretchable-Saddle-Pad-Blue/1549307077
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 11:41:08 PM by lacmac »