Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Metzeler Roadtec 01  (Read 1945 times)

Offline wilbert

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 XR Sport SE
  • Town: Lancashire
Metzeler Roadtec 01
« on: August 29, 2018, 08:08:18 AM »
Just put a set on yesterday and went for an 80 mile ride to scrub them in ready for a Scotland trip tomorrow. First time I've ridden on Metzeler tyres and its definitely love at first ride so the fat man will be getting ditched for the elephant. I was taking it relatively easy but still managed to get some good lean angles and there is only a slight chicken strip left maybe 5mm. I'm sure this will be gone after 1500 miles on some great roads. Loads more feedback from them than the stock T30's and hopefully they will be better in the wet too which wont be too hard as the T30's were crap in the wet.

Online Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
Re: Metzeler Roadtec 01
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 09:23:13 AM »
Yup - I thought they were the best sports-touring tyres I had ever used, and got over 5,000 miles out of them.  Since switched to Roadsmart 3 to give them a try, and they appear to make the bike more agile - changing direction.  Will see what they are like for longevity.

Latest tip from a pal - is Bridgestone T31 (GT he has).

So many great tyres to choose from now!

Offline Becksy

• XR Pro
  • Town: Warwickshire
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 07:55:42 PM »
About to get me a set of the Metzelers fitted on Saturday, so good to hear the positive feedback.

Offline LAMBO281

• XR Pro
  • Live the dream and ride 247
  • Town: Berkshire UK
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 08:38:20 PM »
I put a set on before an alps trip in July! I have to say the best tyre I have had! Absolutely awesome handling, wearing, etc etc very happy!

Online PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 04:59:16 PM »
Had RT 01's but then fitted Continental RA3 which I think are even better and also have lasted longer  :305:
PSH

Offline Salem

• XR Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 04:04:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by PaulS1000XR [+]
Had RT 01's but then fitted Continental RA3 which I think are even better and also have lasted longer  :305:
I take that's RoadAttack, not RaceAttack. RoadAttack 3's are still on my bike but rear well below limit after 6500km. Actually I'm just using up as much as possible of the front, before putting new ones on for the next trip. I'm always stuck with rear gone, front still 40%. What do you guys do? I replace the fronts too.

My list of potential next tires, and this is for my use, almost only bike holidays.

Diablo Rosso 3 (my previous tires): No thanks. Just too soft for public roads in my view, you don't get the full benefit of it. And planning a 3000km trip with a tire that lasts less than 2000 in the twisties is asking for trouble. In this case the bike was on a trailer to and from. But 6 days at 300km average and the rear is gone.

Metzeler Roadtec 01: lots of profile, looks more like optimized for the wet.

Michelin Road 5: funny profile, have to get used to it, but like the slick side approach when over 35 degree lean

Conti RoadAttack 3: great, but for me uneven wear in my typical use

Conti SportAttack 3: a tiny bit cheaper than above, and so far my next choice.  Expecting higher performance, and thus more wear on the sides, but that's what I want. And expected longer life than Rosso 3

So the Road5 or SportAttack3 I think

Offline Troppo

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2018, 08:45:51 AM »
I have just put Rosso Corsa 2's on.

Lordy, lordy!

Here for a good time, not a long time.... :001:

Online PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2018, 06:58:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by Salem [+]
I take that's RoadAttack, not RaceAttack. RoadAttack 3's are still on my bike but rear well below limit after 6500km. Actually I'm just using up as much as possible of the front, before putting new ones on for the next trip. I'm always stuck with rear gone, front still 40%. What do you guys do? I replace the fronts too.

My list of potential next tires, and this is for my use, almost only bike holidays.

Diablo Rosso 3 (my previous tires): No thanks. Just too soft for public roads in my view, you don't get the full benefit of it. And planning a 3000km trip with a tire that lasts less than 2000 in the twisties is asking for trouble. In this case the bike was on a trailer to and from. But 6 days at 300km average and the rear is gone.

Metzeler Roadtec 01: lots of profile, looks more like optimized for the wet.

Michelin Road 5: funny profile, have to get used to it, but like the slick side approach when over 35 degree lean

Conti RoadAttack 3: great, but for me uneven wear in my typical use

Conti SportAttack 3: a tiny bit cheaper than above, and so far my next choice.  Expecting higher performance, and thus more wear on the sides, but that's what I want. And expected longer life than Rosso 3

So the Road5 or SportAttack3 I think

Yep Road Attack 3  :305:
PSH

Offline Tommac

• XR Member
  • Town: Chesterfield
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2018, 07:56:28 PM »
Just exercised my Metzeler Roadtec 01s round the Isle of Man for a week.

Absolutely flawless wet or dry, will definately fit again.

Offline zbdmark

• XR Member
  • Town: Warwickshire
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2018, 11:16:56 PM »
Had Metzeler 01 on my Multistrada and they were great tyres at least as good as the Michelin PR4's I had on previously and arguably slightly better in most respects including longevity.     
Avoiding depression is easy - ride your bike as often as possible

dysfunctional