Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Metzeler Roadtec 01  (Read 2741 times)

Online bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
Re: Metzeler Roadtec 01
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2018, 07:14:39 AM »
I am on the fence on these, I have had 3 rears and 2 fronts. Up side is they do wear a bit better than more sporty tyres like Rosso III's etc. Down side is the profile is not quite as racy to start with and I found the front cupped a but and the rear flattened a while before they were ready for the bin. On a long 3000mile+ tours its good that they will make it all the way around.

They are also quite expensive, so I think unless I know I need more than 3K+ miles out of a set of tyres I am probably going to go back to more sports orientated tyres next time. They do offer good grip and in the we and cold they give confidence. For me though they are just the wrong shape profile, to be quite as nice to ride as something like a Rosso Corsa. So I think I might give the M7RR a go next.

Offline Robgosty

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2016 S1000 XR SE
  • Town: Manchester
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2018, 12:46:04 PM »
Conti road attack 3s are worth a look, got em on mine and more than happy

Offline merlin

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Ilminster
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2018, 01:49:14 PM »
I have the Roadtecs, they seem to tram-line quite a lot. Many of the country roads around here have wear lines all over the surface in the direction of travel (probably due to the crappy "surface dressing" the cheapskate SCC chuck down in the summer) and it's hard to keep a proper smooth line. The tyres still have at least 2/3 of their life left.
I was wondering if dropping the pressures a bit from standard might help.

Offline Taffcd

• XR Member
  • Welsh and Thirsty
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Manchester
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2018, 05:04:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by Robgosty [+]
Conti road attack 3s are worth a look, got em on mine and more than happy
Snap and Ditto
Welsh and Thirsty

Offline wilbert

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 XR Sport SE
  • Town: Lancashire
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2019, 12:52:58 PM »
I've covered about 3000 miles now and the rear is getting close to the wear indicators. I will be sticking with the Roadtecs even if I didn't get as many miles out of it as I expected. 800 miles 2 up with full panniers and top box over Easter has fairly eaten it.

Online Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2019, 02:31:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by merlin [+]
I have the Roadtecs, they seem to tram-line quite a lot. Many of the country roads around here have wear lines all over the surface in the direction of travel (probably due to the crappy "surface dressing" the cheapskate SCC chuck down in the summer) and it's hard to keep a proper smooth line. The tyres still have at least 2/3 of their life left.
I was wondering if dropping the pressures a bit from standard might help.

I am convinced that we all find tyres perform different between riders, maybe its more to do with the way we ride. I cannot fault the Roadtecs and I have never felt anything but confidence with them. I even put a pair on the track day Bike ( part worn ) and I was amazed at how much grip they had ( Absolutely killed them by the end of the day ) Also loved the Pirelli Angels. Just down to personal choice and price at the end of the day.   :027:  Maybe worth trying different pressures  ?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 02:32:53 PM by Bree »
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.