Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Puig Touring screen  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Kevin1953

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Haverfordwest
Puig Touring screen
« on: August 30, 2018, 11:22:01 AM »
I've been following various threads about screens and especially the MRA screen. Has anybody fitted the Puig touring screen. It looks better in the photos but would love to know how it feels.

Offline Valentino246

• XR Junior
  • Town: Cardiff
Re: Puig Touring screen
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 04:09:19 PM »
Hi I bought one after destroying my original with a windscreen cleaner at Cherbourg in June. Its a fab screen. At the lower level its perfect as I am 5ft 11 however I do get a bit of turbulence at the highest level and it opens and closes my visor for some reason. I just keep it on the lower setting and its great. Makes it very quiet and its well made. I got mine from sportsbikeshop great value and arrived in a week from Italy. I hope this helps.
S1000XR Sport SE
Red 2017

Offline Kevin1953

• XR Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 05:41:41 PM »
Hi Valentino, Thanks for the feedback.
Happy riding!

Offline jskene

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Baltimore, MD
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 06:39:02 PM »
I bought one in the US and tried to install it. The left and right mounting holes were ~ 1/2" too close together to fit the brackets on the bike. Back it went.

I went with the MRA screen which fit perfectly and works well.

Offline Mta1000XR

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2018 S1000XR
  • Town: Connecticut
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 04:11:22 AM »

This thing is huge!!!! I have both this and the sport screen. With this on I can ride with my visor up no problem. Massively cuts down the wind noise. The high position was best for riding 2up as my wife said she could hold her neck up easily with no wind resistance. It murders my gopro chin view though lol

*Originally Posted by jskene [+]
I bought one in the US and tried to install it. The left and right mounting holes were ~ 1/2" too close together to fit the brackets on the bike. Back it went.

I went with the MRA screen which fit perfectly and works well.

I have both versions. You literally have to flex the windscreen outward to get the holes to line up. It was a giant pain in the a$$. I went through 2 sport screens before contacting Puig about it. The touring screen was the same.
Ride That Thang!

Offline Kevin1953

• XR Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2018, 11:00:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by Valentino246 [+]
Hi I bought one after destroying my original with a windscreen cleaner at Cherbourg in June. Its a fab screen. At the lower level its perfect as I am 5ft 11 however I do get a bit of turbulence at the highest level and it opens and closes my visor for some reason. I just keep it on the lower setting and its great. Makes it very quiet and its well made. I got mine from sportsbikeshop great value and arrived in a week from Italy. I hope this helps.
Hi again Valentino, did you go for the normal touring screen or the one with the additional top spoiler for approx £109.