Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Gear change flashy thing.... RFM  (Read 2454 times)

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
Gear change flashy thing.... RFM
« on: September 05, 2015, 11:25:50 AM »
Its so bloody annoying having that strobe light flash as soon as the revs hit 7k I finally got round to RFM and am happy to say that i have altered it to coming on at 10500 and going off at 13000 !
That should do the trick nicely  :001:
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Red
  • Town: London
Re: Gear change flashy thing.... RFM
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 11:37:31 AM »
Hey did they not do that in the 600mile service?  Vines di for mine but reset it when I had the alarm fitted so it was all back to defaults rev indicator DRL not on LED ect so had to spend 5 mins in a layby to set them all back up again.

S.
As Always Ride Safe.

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 11:48:42 AM »
No they didn't but they were going to, I  asked them not to as i wanted to do it myself and set it where I wanted it.

I have just got round to it  :001:
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Red
  • Town: London
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 12:46:38 PM »
Ahh cool good thing as well of all the things I like about this bike the Menu changing is my least favourite.  I just cannot get the long push I know I will ignite a storm when I type this but that is the one area on the Multistrada I liked.  The menu is more matter of fast on the MS up down and enter not the scroll scroll and long push.  but I know it will be a case of getting used to it.  Also like the lower height but my low seat is on route from Germany so no more jaunty angle when riding solo. :046:

S.
As Always Ride Safe.

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 02:28:30 AM »
No...you're right.  The thing is not all that user friendly.  Other BMW's have computer systems onboard that are not nearly as complicated.
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

dysfunctional