Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Highest Mileage  (Read 844 times)

Offline whiteakita

• XR Member
Highest Mileage
« on: September 02, 2018, 06:03:29 PM »
hi, sorry if this has been done before but im wondering what mileages people have got upto and what engine problems they have had along the way?
i have recently bought my s1000xr with 23k miles on it, i think its only had regular servicing.
i just sold a tuono because of all the horror stories i was reading on the forums about them dropping valves very frequently, i havent seen anything bad about the s1000xr engine at all.

Online Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: Highest Mileage
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 08:10:12 PM »
No known issues with the XR engine, 23k not exceptional so nothing to worry about.....
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 01:35:56 AM »
What Bree said...nothing major that we're aware of....we get the odd water pump leak, there have also been a couple of poorly cams....other than that the engines are quite bullet proof and seem to be able to take a beating. If well maintained, they should last well.
Every manufacturer has their horror stories, but the BMW "S" series engine appears to be one of the better ones out there.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 07:18:42 AM »
Search Forestboy he’d done over 40,000 before he jumped ship.

dysfunctional