Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello from Ontario, Canada!  (Read 715 times)

Offline PicRR

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2017 BMW S1000XR
Hello from Ontario, Canada!
« on: September 03, 2018, 03:13:50 PM »
Hi everyone, I've checked out the site and like what I have seen so thanks to the admins for running a professional site and giving us a place to gab about our toys. 

I'm in Ontario's Cottage country where all the roads do is try to go around water or rock so this is the perfect place for something like the XR.  Having been a sportbike guy my entire life, the XR allows me to still play all I want but to do it in comfort and for as long as I want.  I have to say, it may be my favourite bike I have ever owned.  I'll be honest, was never really into BMW's in the past but then they came out with THAT bike with THAT motor and I was in!  I've had two S1000RR's and now the XR keeps the engine I love and lets me ride it for as long as I want. 

My bike is a '17 SE in Blue Matte, optioned out with both packages, 3 bags, NavVI, SW Motech City tank bag and side stand expander.  I took delivery over the winter and have 11,000 kms on it so far this summer so yes, enjoying it.  I also enjoy that there don't seem to be too many around which makes it even more special.  I think the Europeans understand the style much more.
Plans for the bike are some longer trips, hopefully exploring most of North America with a must to the Arctic Circle as soon as I am able.  Future mods MAY include some extra lighting, a tinted screen but not much else as I don't think it needs much.  New tires are going on this week as they just arrived so we will see what they do for it, Dunlop Roadsmart 3's.

Looking forward to reading about what others are doing with and to their bikes and hoping this site helps me get through the winter, cheers!
RIde safe, ride often,
Pic

Online otrp

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
Re: Hello from Ontario, Canada!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 06:16:12 PM »
Welcome Pic.   :002:

Offline zbdmark

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Warwickshire
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 07:36:47 PM »
 :400: great first post  :046:
Your comments sum up the bike for me too. A sports bike on stilts, so all day long comfort with speed, agility and handling to die for  :028: 
Avoiding depression is easy - ride your bike as often as possible

Offline RedbirdXR

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2016 XR/GSXR1000
  • Town: san ramon,CA USA
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 03:43:09 PM »
Hello Canada!!

I would agree on the bike!  Love it for everything,  around town, bombing canyons, twisties and road trips (as long as they are not long straight highways, boring!).

Enjoy!!

Offline advr6

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Burlington
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 04:31:00 PM »
I was just up in the Huntsville area for 4 days of riding.  Great roads up there. 

Have the same bike as yours with a few more add-ons :)  PM me if you're planning to be in the GTA with the bike and we can meet up for a ride.

Online Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 05:04:25 PM »
 :408:  Great choice of bike
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline PicRR

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2017 BMW S1000XR
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 07:40:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by advr6 [+]
I was just up in the Huntsville area for 4 days of riding.  Great roads up there. 

Have the same bike as yours with a few more add-ons :)  PM me if you're planning to be in the GTA with the bike and we can meet up for a ride.

Thanks for the invite, I may have seen you as I did see one, rarely happens.  I am often in the GTA, sometimes with the bike as I also teach riding and do license testing but the weekends are really tied up when doing that. 
As for add-ons, I didn't want the whole list of every little thing to go on the post, everyone here knows that we just can't leave these things alone, lol. 

If in the area and have some time, will send you a PM, thanks!

RIde safe, ride often,
Pic