Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Wilbers  (Read 2080 times)

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Wilbers
« on: September 06, 2018, 08:08:22 PM »
This finally turned up today as per usual wanted something slightly different so more hassle but go there in the end.

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
Re: Wilbers
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 10:05:23 PM »
Is yours an ESA bike?   What have you done at the front - fork inserts?

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 04:17:07 AM »
Have heard good things about the Wilbers products...nice pick-up.. :028:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 08:47:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by Mareng1 [+]
Is yours an ESA bike?   What have you done at the front - fork inserts?

Ha ha  :001: thanks for bursting my bubble as you suspect with your question as always put a good shock in the rear and it shows how crap the front is,i’ll Have to do something probably go for a complete internal replacement kit which will mean living on beans on toast for the next 6 months looking at cost.

Non ESA was always the plan.

While it’s doubtful many If any will tread this route the remote preload is custom the stock offering is on a long pipe that fits on the right side and I didn’t want that so it’s involved some tinkering.

Anyone in it for the long haul not a smidgen of grease anywhere on the linkage system  :110:

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 11:14:34 AM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Anyone in it for the long haul not a smidgen of grease anywhere on the linkage system  :110:

Hmmm interesting....might have to check mine....not good if that's the case.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline 1964Hall

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000 XR 18
  • Town: Salisbury'ish
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 08:45:59 PM »

Not surprising, tempted to as the dealer to strip and grease as part of pre prep of a new bike.
By the way, are the same "winger" that was on Boxertrix I think forum?
\v/
\v/ince

Offline JTL

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: England
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 07:30:33 AM »

That's useful to know, as I was thinking about greasing it.  I will now for defo!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 07:32:53 AM by JTL »

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 07:52:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by 1964Hall [+]

By the way, are the same "winger" that was on Boxertrix I think forum?
\v/

It is,still have the 1100 and riding neither that or my X/R currently in Spain on a K12

Offline 1964Hall

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000 XR 18
  • Town: Salisbury'ish
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 10:17:17 PM »
No boxers in my garage.I test rode a couple of new ones recently, nice engine but not for me right now. Ive had my S1000r for 3.5 years, and still love the engine.it'swhy the XR is calling me I think.
Currently riding F800gt in Massif Central, France Well LeMans right now but MC tomorrow.
Second attempt, first in july failed day one when bigends spat  the shells out at 24000 miles, just after service oddly.New motor currently has 1000 miles on and hoping it'll be as good when I get back so I can chop in both for XR if the part ex works out number wise.
\v/
\v/ince

Offline JTL

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: England
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 08:53:12 AM »
Ha ha  :001: thanks for bursting my bubble as you suspect with your question as always put a good shock in the rear and it shows how crap the front is,i’ll Have to do something probably go for a complete internal replacement kit which will mean living on beans on toast for the next 6 months looking at cost.

Non ESA was always the plan.

While it’s doubtful many If any will tread this route the remote preload is custom the stock offering is on a long pipe that fits on the right side and I didn’t want that so it’s involved some tinkering.

Following on from your recent post, I thought I'd have a go greasing the linkage system on my XR last weekend, but the dealer didn't have new bolts and nuts  :110:  Now on back order.

Did you have any trouble getting them? Also quite pricey I thought.......

dysfunctional