Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: LED Replacement Headlight Bulbs  (Read 16281 times)

Spowell and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Ribeiro Brazil

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Sao paulo
Re: LED Replacement Headlight Bulbs
Reply #60 on: January 16, 2021, 08:29:44 PM
*Originally Posted by gt_lad [+]
Haha... Here you go buddy...

I did try it but i dont like results ill try another type bulb  better
Knee down!

Offline wesoly75

• XR Member
Reply #61 on: January 19, 2021, 07:20:51 AM
*Originally Posted by Ribeiro Brazil [+]
5min only not enough to say if show error on the dashboard please road for 200km minimum and let me know please thanks
Hi back again. I rode to work for around 30 min and no error displayed. The light is nice and bright, at least I think brighter than my old Xenon HID. So maybe this will help you  decide.

Offline Ribeiro Brazil

• XR Member
Reply #62 on: January 19, 2021, 11:08:08 AM
Hi if you can take pictures night at dark street to see the light projection, 30 min not enough excellent time but ok by the way you country now is winter the best moment to test is summer cause the bulb get hot inside closed if have a good power this bulb I think that is not too power maybe dont get hot... but I want to see the light projection thanks 🙏🏼
Knee down!

Offline Ribeiro Brazil

• XR Member
Reply #63 on: January 19, 2021, 11:16:59 AM
*Originally Posted by wesoly75 [+]
Hi back again. I rode to work for around 30 min and no error displayed. The light is nice and bright, at least I think brighter than my old Xenon HID. So maybe this will help you  decide.

Please take pic of bulbs installed on head light back cause the link show pictures of h4 model only
Knee down!

Offline wesoly75

• XR Member
Reply #64 on: January 29, 2021, 07:09:16 AM
Please take pic of bulbs installed on head light back cause the link show pictures of h4 model only
Hi Roberto. Finally i was able to take some pictures of the lights. The ambient temperature was around 10 degrees and still no warning light and i have been riding couple times and so far so good. If the pictures won't convince you, trust me you won't regret getting those LEDs. They are bright and good light pattern, especially to the sides. The only thing I don't really like at the moment is the high beam as it's focused to close to the bike and it gives very bright spot to close, i have to aim it higher. This forum have picture size limit so here is a link to my Google photos folder. https://photos.app.goo.gl/ewKRYbD1WdhEk8DaA

Notice some pictures are dark those were taken without night mode and remember picture is not the same as naked eye. Once again I'm really happy

Offline Ribeiro Brazil

• XR Member
Reply #65 on: January 29, 2021, 10:58:17 AM
Hi thanks you a lot i just to know if you ara using it with cover cap all the time or are you using opened to test? I want to know after get hot inside if show warning light
Knee down!

Offline wesoly75

• XR Member
Reply #66 on: January 29, 2021, 11:11:09 AM
Hi thanks you a lot i just to know if you ara using it with cover cap all the time or are you using opened to test? I want to know after get hot inside if show warning light
No no no it's closed all the time as it would get condensation inside.

Offline Crosshairs

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2018 S1000XR
  • Town: Oceanport
Reply #67 on: January 30, 2021, 02:59:29 PM
I went with a complete LED assembly from Matt Gecko ..not cheap by any means but the light output at night is amazing, and the added DRL feature makes you way more visible in the daytime also...

https://mattgeckoleds.com/shop/ols/products/led-headlight-bmw-s1000xr-2015-2019

you can probably find the Chinese version for much less and its likely just as good....

Offline wesoly75

• XR Member
Reply #68 on: January 31, 2021, 11:19:59 AM
*Originally Posted by Crosshairs [+]
I went with a complete LED assembly from Matt Gecko ..not cheap by any means but the light output at night is amazing, and the added DRL feature makes you way more visible in the daytime also...

https://mattgeckoleds.com/shop/ols/products/led-headlight-bmw-s1000xr-2015-2019

you can probably find the Chinese version for much less and its likely just as good....

Hi. I was wondering are those lights any good? In the pictures i don't really see big difference between low and high beam. And what about servicing those lights if anything goes wrong?
On AliExpress those are even more expensive
€ 500,58 | LED Headlight Assembly with DRL for BMW S1000XR
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPs8RVB
Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 11:21:33 AM by wesoly75

Offline Crosshairs

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2018 S1000XR
  • Town: Oceanport
Reply #69 on: January 31, 2021, 12:25:13 PM
*Originally Posted by wesoly75 [+]
Hi. I was wondering are those lights any good? In the pictures i don't really see big difference between low and high beam. And what about servicing those lights if anything goes wrong?
On AliExpress those are even more expensive
€ 500,58 | LED Headlight Assembly with DRL for BMW S1000XR
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPs8RVB
They are very bright and light up the road extremely well. They have a distinct cut off in the beam  which shows the quality of the projector. I do a lot of riding at night and the high beam really isn't needed that much but it does add a lot of light further up the road when turned on ..as far as servicing them, they are sealed, and as such unless you broke the seal to take them apart, you cannot fix them..the carry a 2 year warranty, but hopefully I dont need it . as a side note, I had one on my Triumph also and it was 4 years old when I sold it ,  I had no problems with it in that time

dysfunctional