Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: shortened stock handlebar on 2016 S1000XR 1.25 inches on each side  (Read 8498 times)

Online SimonUK

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
*Originally Posted by sasukaros [+]
Right, thanks for the tip mate.Did you have to use the slims too, or the raisers where 29mm?
I used the shims between the TT and the risers.

What about the bar ends? I saw you have the mirrors there too.I mean, is there an M10 thread like the OEM handlebar? I have the evotech bar ends that I would like to put back on.
I tapped a M16 thread in the handlebar end and then bought threaded inserts (In my case M12 for the RhinoMoto bar ends, but I also have M10 for the OEM or Evotech).

The raisers to compensate for the lower handlebar, rights?

I had them, so put them on, brings the bars up to about the same height and spacing. (My intention was to get them narrower, which is achieved nicely).

Offline sasukaros

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Warsaw
nice, thanks a lot :028:

Offline sasukaros

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Warsaw

:037:
Now that i was checking also the Renthal bars, you wouldn't use even the raisers probably, as they have 3 different sizes, one of them is as tall as the OEM.

Offline wascallyrabbit

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: King George, VA
Re: shortened stock handlebar on 2016 S1000XR 1.25 inches on each side
Reply #34 on: December 18, 2018, 12:50:32 AM
Morton's knew you could shorten them by that much cause I did it june or july. it made a big difference for me. the stock width was to wide for me and made my upper shoulders hurt. it was also harder me to ride it at the track with good body position. narrowing the bars has made the bike feel much more natural for me.

Offline AdzventureXR

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2016 XR
  • Town: Incheon City
Re: shortened stock handlebar on 2016 S1000XR 1.25 inches on each side
Reply #35 on: November 25, 2020, 04:21:37 AM
*Originally Posted by Bob S [+]
I just fitted the Helibars to my XR after trying the 30mm risers. They are a big improvement and have really enhanced the ergonomics for me. They are also 2 inches narrower than the standard bars with no issues with rear visability in the mirrors.

How are helibars holding up. Would you still recommend them?
Life. RIDE. Adzventure
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCckI3qetJ9IbhcxF-ozgreA
Enjoy my XR videos

dysfunctional