Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Dropping forks  (Read 629 times)

Offline Euroanchor

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000xr se sport
  • Town: Ebbw Vale
Dropping forks
« on: September 22, 2018, 11:15:08 AM »
Hi
I don't really want to go down the whole route of lowering kits as I only really notice that I cant get my feet down flat when my wife is on the back (definitely not brave enough to mention anything about extra weight), Anyway I've managed to lower the bikes sitting height a bit by using the esa settings (single rider , no luggage) and I'm sure I read that you can drop the forks by 10mm or so to further help. Is this good advice or should I not go down that route?
Thanks in advance.

Online LAMBO281

• XR Pro
  • Live the dream and ride 247
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Berkshire UK
Re: Dropping forks
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 05:57:41 PM »
Hi mate, check this out
http://www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk/
I did the lower set, they did drop the front by 10mm but that was with the rear. Together makes a big difference in height with no handling issues at all actually feels better I think  :305:
Maybe send him an email he is very helpful and can advise

Offline Euroanchor

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000xr se sport
  • Town: Ebbw Vale
Re: Dropping forks
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 08:47:47 AM »
Cheers mate, I had a look at his site, but at nearly 3x the cost of the Soupy kit and only 15mm drop it's not a route that seems immediately appealing. I can never understand why British manufacturers and supplies are always so bloody expensive compared to the rest of the world.