Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sena 20S evo dual pack in USA  (Read 1285 times)

Offline Martin

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Sport SE
  • Town: West Berks
Sena 20S evo dual pack in USA
« on: September 29, 2018, 10:07:17 PM »
Hey Statesiders  :002:

I’m going to be in Knoxville for a week at the end of the month and I was thinking of seeing if I could get a deal on the Sena 20S Evo dual pack.

I can get them for £380 over here, so to be a bargain I’m looking at around $400 over there.

What’s your recommendation for trusted discount accessory stores that I might be able to get a decent price from?

:821:

Offline Bob S

• XR Pro
  • Town: Welwyn, Herts
Re: Sena 20S evo dual pack in USA
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 09:00:55 AM »
Have you thought of ordering one before you go and getting it shipped to where you are staying?

Offline Martin

• XR Pro
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 04:12:11 PM »
Yep, it won’t be a problem to have them shipped to a colleague, then for me to bring them home in my luggage, just having difficulty finding them at a decent price as most search engines are heavily biased towards the country you are in.

Walmart had a great deal on them recently, but the offer is over now  :003:

Might set my VPN to the USA and see if that changes the search results. 

Offline SimonUK

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 04:18:26 PM »
https://www.ebay.com/p/Sena-20s-EVO-Dual-Pack/4010107850?iid=163256492172&chn=ps

$370 shipped inside the US, not sure if that is good or not?

Offline Martin

• XR Pro
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 05:34:51 PM »
That’s a great spot, but I’m not sure I would trust an eBay seller with a relatively small amount of feedback.  If I could find a trusted retailer selling at this price I would be buying them :028:

Do any of the big US retailers price match eBay sellers?

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Pro
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Saint Paul
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 11:03:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by Martin [+]
Do any of the big US retailers price match eBay sellers?

Not that I've seen.  Actually, many US retailers openly sell their wares on eBay in addition to their own stores.

Typically, when pricing motorcycle accessories here, I start my search at RevZilla.com.  From there, I've found items somewhat higher, or somewhat lower through other retailers, but the shipping costs vary dramatically from seller to seller, and they all sort of come out the same as RevZilla once considered.

I've also purchased several accessories through Amazon with no problems.  Use coupons or watch for specials.

-Erik

"...but the XR is a sports bike on stilts!"
  -- zbdmark

Offline Wonger

• XR Member
  • Bike: '18 S1000XR
  • Town: Fayetteville, GA
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 01:35:15 PM »
My best advise for shopping on ebay is sign up for emails on special offers. They have 15-20% coupons fairly often as well as long 0% interest terms with Paypal credit some times, if you want to go that route. Also, skip the 20s, mesh is the way to go moving forward. Two friends split a dual pack they got on ebay for $400-450 in March.

Offline Newy1000

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 02:26:01 PM »
Agreed. The 30k update has also just been released and apart from a flashy new body functionality looks identical so you may find 30k’s now coming down in price for runout?

https://www.sena.com/community/news/sena-intermot-2018

I have a 30k and can definitely recommend it. The 20 is excellent as well but why not go mesh if you are going to the expense.

Good luck with it.

Offline Wonger

• XR Member
  • Bike: '18 S1000XR
  • Town: Fayetteville, GA
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 04:52:31 PM »
Also, there was a major firmware update last night. Now allows multi source audio in Bluetooth from the 10 on up. Now you don't have to manually switch sources to talk or listen to GPS/music.

Offline Martin

• XR Pro
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 06:47:14 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I initially considered the 30K but was put off with the lack of multitask audio in mesh.  I only ever ride with one other in conversation so I didn’t need the mesh functionality, but I do want the other rider and GPS together. If that’s now been fixed, the 30K might be on the cards again.

So far I’ve only been able to find the 20S evo about £60 cheaper than over here and for that I would rather pay the extra for the piece of mind of having somewhere local to go back to in the case of problems.

I’ll keep looking though as I still have a couple of weeks to get them shipped ahead of my trip.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 06:53:43 PM by Martin »