Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Billywizz  (Read 1853 times)

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Billywizz
« on: October 01, 2018, 03:24:41 PM »
Come on then  :001: how you getting on with that GT  :002:

Offline Belco100

• XR Member
  • Bike: XR SE Sport
  • Town: Essex
Re: Billywizz
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 09:56:58 AM »
Yeah, interested to know.

There is a new KTM dealers in Braintree, Essex, that I went in the other day. They saw me, I said "can I sit on that" pointing at the GT and got a simple "Yes". I then asked if they had a demo and got another simple "Yes". Thought sod that - I am interested in testing one of these and you don't even want to talk to me.  :230:

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 11:12:50 AM »
As you are aware there’s a thread out there posted by another gent who is testing various bikes which has been an interesting read some of which I agree with and some I certainly do not.

It’s a really strange bike complicated by a warranty that isn’t worth the paper it’s written on and KTM dumping their entire stock last December which has the secondhand market price into free fall there isn’t a snowballs chance in hell of changing my X/R for one but as an ‘As well as’ does have some merits of sorts  :164:

Online bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 11:15:53 AM »
If its as well as the XR would you not just go for a Superduke R instead so its a little different ?

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 12:19:20 PM »
I’ve a Supermoto and that is hard enough with a motor that barely does 55hp with no fairing never mind what the Duke R puts out.

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 03:51:51 AM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
I’ve a Supermoto and that is hard enough with a motor that barely does 55hp with no fairing never mind what the Duke R puts out.

Yeah, I test rode a Duke R when I was bike hunting a year or two back....that engine is basically a monster... :033:  :005:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 08:24:49 AM »
The mate that Hobo and I have with the GT that I borrowed for 3 weeks also has a DukeR we normally meet up at Moreton in Marsh and while Hobo was arriving I was going  the other way on the Duke which caused much amusement but the bike’s not for me blimey I think the GT is radical.

Offline billywizzz

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: dorset
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 12:33:14 PM »
ok so far kept bike as standard apart from a cheeky open can i like a little noise. loving the bike definately a bit more sports focused than the xr and even with the powerparts heated seat its not as comfortable as the bm. just been on a weeks tour through france germany and into switzerland for a play on some mountain passes and it proved itself superb for this, one week 2000 miles over this distance i returned 45mpg, cruising on motorways 50mpg messing around in mountains 40mpg. love the torque from engine at low/mid range but all power gone by 9500 roughly, where as the xr just screams to be revved.cruise control on the ktm is a pain in ass to use as its on throttle side nowhere near as easy to use as the xr. so far now i have put 3500 miles on her and loved every minute of it, have absolutely no regrets selling the xr. service intervals of 9000 miles instead of 6000 which meant i had 2 services on the xr in one year that becomes expensive. the ktm panniers are excellent. travelled on trip with mate on his s1000r when parked up everyone looked at the ktm  :046: both the gt and xr are fantastic bikes and always tested against each other each go about doing the same thing but in different ways. lets see how it copes with winter the heated grips are way better for sure but i will need to put on some hand guards too, and the heated seat will come into its own  :001:. no center stand but dead easy using paddock stand at home,and chain adjustment on single side swing arm is so much quicker and easier to do.its got a lovely light hydraulic clutch compared to the horrible cable affair on the xr. had to wire in my own sat nav i did like my nav6 on the xr but its not a deal breaker. 3500miles rear angel gt just begining to get squared off so tyre wear will be very similar i think. both screens adjustable but ktm moves easier on the fly but doesnt provide as much protection but airflow is pretty clean but i did change screen on xr to mra vario which works great.pillion wise both bikes are similar my misses hates both but only as she cant see over my head that she was used to for years on back of various sports bikes  :008:minor points so far for day to day use the mirrors are useless at motorway speeds and above. all in all very happy with bike so far lets see what happens in the 3500 miles. :305:

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 02:35:34 PM »
No idea what the plan is but too busy watching MotoGP this morning and forgot about the Motech rack for a GT on eBay  :230:

Offline billywizzz

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: dorset
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2018, 03:17:47 PM »
put one on mine and givi plate seems pretty good

dysfunctional