Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Seat Lowering  (Read 923 times)

Offline merlin

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Ilminster
Seat Lowering
« on: October 05, 2018, 10:27:27 AM »
Has anyone had their seat lowered by one of the custom seat firms, and was it any good?

Just exploring the options (including OEM low seat, or lowering the bike) to get a little more foot-down when I'm stopped. I'm going to try and get a dealer to let me have a static test-sit with an OEM seat first.

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Re: Seat Lowering
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 01:27:32 AM »
*Originally Posted by merlin [+]
Has anyone had their seat lowered by one of the custom seat firms, and was it any good?

Just exploring the options (including OEM low seat, or lowering the bike) to get a little more foot-down when I'm stopped. I'm going to try and get a dealer to let me have a static test-sit with an OEM seat first.

There's several lowering kits available for those who may be vertically challenged, BMW do a factory lowered bike with all the gubbins to go with it such as side & center stand. Soupy's do a nice quality steel rear lowering kit and you adjust the forks to suit, there's also some Chinese lowering links on Fleabay but I wouldn't trust them as they appear to be aluminium of questionable quality and not steel.

Smithy. 
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Online LAMBO281

• XR Pro
  • Live the dream and ride 247
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Berkshire UK
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 07:18:50 AM »
I would recommend cymarc they do a lowering service, really good, had mine done, waited and watched them do it, free tea and butty also, quality UK engineer all made in house!
The bike has been fantastic since then, matched with the bmw low seat no issues at all.

Offline merlin

• XR Pro
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 08:31:48 AM »
I'm trying to avoid lowering the bike, I'm not short I just need a bit more foot on the deck, mainly for pillion loading and stopping on slopes. It's cos the seat is wide where my legs go down when I'm stopped.
Bahnstormer are letting me play with the low seat they keep for demos, so I'll see how that fits.

Online LAMBO281

• XR Pro
  • Live the dream and ride 247
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Berkshire UK
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 09:19:08 AM »
*Originally Posted by merlin [+]
I'm trying to avoid lowering the bike, I'm not short I just need a bit more foot on the deck, mainly for pillion loading and stopping on slopes. It's cos the seat is wide where my legs go down when I'm stopped.
Bahnstormer are letting me play with the low seat they keep for demos, so I'll see how that fits.

It was the same with myself, totally understand, even with low seat I needed a bit more, good you can try the low out! Keep us posted how it goes, comfort wise no issues at all

Offline merlin

• XR Pro
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 11:01:54 AM »
OK will do.

dysfunctional