Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Chain Adjuster  (Read 387 times)

Offline Newy1000

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
Chain Adjuster
« on: October 09, 2018, 01:40:28 AM »
Hi All,

Is anyone running one of these chain adjusters on their XR?

http://shift-tech-carbon.com/onlineshop/product_info.php?products_id=328

I know the HP one is available but this looks like it may be better?

A lightech would be the best option but my research shows they don’t make one for the XR?

I am coming from a Multistrada with an eccentric adjuster and the XR is a real pain in comparison.

Also can’t believe the 45-50mm slack they recommend. Thats huge! The bloody chain hangs when on the centre stand!

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Town: Sydney.
Re: Chain Adjuster
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 02:08:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by Newy1000 [+]
Hi All,

Is anyone running one of these chain adjusters on their XR?

http://shift-tech-carbon.com/onlineshop/product_info.php?products_id=328

I know the HP one is available but this looks like it may be better?

A lightech would be the best option but my research shows they don’t make one for the XR?

I am coming from a Multistrada with an eccentric adjuster and the XR is a real pain in comparison.

Also can’t believe the 45-50mm slack they recommend. Thats huge! The bloody chain hangs when on the centre stand!

Don't have them but they look ok, exe too. TBH, there's nothing wrong with the original setup, it works.
With the 45-50mm chain slack, if less than 45mm the chain will be tight on full suspension travel, the swingarm is very long and the arc is quite large.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Newy1000

• XR Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 03:08:42 AM »
Hi Smithy,

They certainly aren’t cheap but I found it a bit of a PITA when i needed to adjust the chain recently. Mainly due to having to go between the centre stand for adjustment and side stand to check slack and guessing how much to adjust just to find it was too tight when back on the side stand!

I have some swingarm bobbins on the way so i can adjust and measure on a paddock stand with loaded suspension from here on out.

That will hopefully  solve most of the hassle and save the expense of the flash adjusters.

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Town: Sydney.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 03:13:44 AM »
*Originally Posted by Newy1000 [+]
Hi Smithy,

They certainly aren’t cheap but I found it a bit of a PITA when i needed to adjust the chain recently. Mainly due to having to go between the centre stand for adjustment and side stand to check slack and guessing how much to adjust just to find it was too tight when back on the side stand!

I have some swingarm bobbins on the way so i can adjust and measure on a paddock stand with loaded suspension from here on out.

That will hopefully  solve most of the hassle and save the expense of the flash adjusters.

I just adjust it while on the side stand....no biggie really.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!