Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Excited to see what new updates are coming in for the XR in 2019 !  (Read 2403 times)

Offline Vengeance

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: BARNET
This is all that BMW have released for 2019

Wait for it <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< The 2019 BMW S 1000 XR gets a new colour scheme

BLACK

Official BMW blurb

S 1000 XR: Triple Black.
All good things come in threes: the S 1000 XR combines not only the best of three worlds – Sport, Tour and Adventure – it is also available in three attractive colour variants: the Style Triple Black is very fresh with the Black storm metallic colour, which highlights the motorcycle's matt-black handlebars and subtle tapes, rounding off the powerful appearance.

:180:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 05:35:01 AM by Vengeance »

Offline Newy1000

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
Re: Excited to see what new updates are coming in for the XR in 2019 !
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 06:15:30 AM »
Its still winning magazine/website Adventure Sport of the year awards in its current spec and hasn’t been the Multistrada killer BMW had hoped for sales wise so its not surprising it hasn’t had much love.

Just be smug in the fact you are in on the XR secret..keep it secret....keep it safe!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 06:21:50 AM by Newy1000 »

Online LAMBO281

• XR Pro
  • Live the dream and ride 247
  • Town: Berkshire UK
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 09:02:26 AM »
Well, looking at the radical overhaul of the RR CAD images with the symmetrical lights etc, hopefully that’s the way the new XR will go probably 20, 21???
More BHP to rival KTMs ???
I am excited to see as will be the upgrade from my 16 model maybe  :305:

Offline Vengeance

• XR Member
  • Town: BARNET
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 09:23:11 AM »
It looks like the new BMW S1000RR 2019 will have the "all new" TFT screen package with multimedia pack with an integrated sat nav option.

If this happens I am sorely tempted to go back to a sports bike & sod my trusty XR including all the luggage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ill just get clip on risers & and adjustable rear sets.

:112:  :150:  :157:  :305:

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 10:43:56 AM »
Yes I was at the dealer yesterday talking about the new XR I was considering buying next March and the dealer advised that the only change would be the triple black colour and they were not aware of any other improvements.

Really crap I thought - why does BMW make no attempt to fix any of the things that need improving - inadequate heated grips, no locking satnav mount, etc. etc. The XR has actually changed very little since its introduction in 2015 - I had one of the originals and now have a 2017 bike - but the price has of course increased by over £1000 for what is the same bike.

I know the XR is a great bike but it is now becoming dated when compared with the competition - just look at the Multistrada - that seems a much more modern bike.

Even the options are very limited and restricted - why can't  you specify a HP seat instead of a standard one. You cant specify one unless you go for the HP colour scheme which I don't want. Really, how difficult would that be??

Come on BMW you can do better than that. Looks like most of the effort has been directed to improving the sad and dated GS.  :305: :440:
PSH

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 11:15:58 AM »
Cosmetically maybe BM could do a bit more but engine wise you’d be able to get more out of this current engine than BM ever will because of the TUV.

From the day I brought my X/R home I had a plan that’s been Dymags/Akra
Headers/aftermarket fuelling/end can/aftermarket suspension and the HP seat came with the bike I never had the stocker I did a deal with the dealer.

As for the Multi being more modern? You think!! blimey i’ve never had an encounter with a Multi(any) and Thought that even a Pikes Peak.

Offline merlin

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Ilminster
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 01:34:03 PM »
BMW will continue to favour the GS as they have shareholders to keep happy and the GS is their biggest seller by far....

Offline esso_sa

• XR Member
  • Town: Sarajevo
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 03:42:23 PM »
In my opinion, if they do a "major" update, earliest we can expect it is on 2020 model.
They will probably upgrade the instruments to TFT screen, LED lights, increase the engine power by 5 HP more, new paint styles, maybe keyles ignition and that's it.
Those changes would equalize the XR gadgets with Multistrada's and I don't think they will change anything more than that
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 03:44:43 PM by esso_sa »

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 04:19:31 PM »
As they are bringing out, a completely revised engine. For the S1000R  + S1000RR in 2019, not an upgrade but a completely redesigned power plant. Then I would have thought that this would be passed down to the XR.
Personally I am more than happy, with the stock item as it is. Having been down the very expensive road, of major updates , for both Track and road bikes. I am now more than happy to own this bike as it is.  Not saying some things could not be improved, but overall I love this Bike.  :305: :305: :305:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 04:32:10 PM »
I’m also happy with my X/R or I will be when the final piece of the jigsaw puzzle is done(revalved front forks) but i’ll Be intrigued to see which path BM choose with this bike whilst they have done a great job extracting what they have from an in-line 4 and as easy as it is to ride,go ride a big V twin KTM and you can see what they are up against and at some time in the future will have to go for more cubes,even Ducati worked that out while their new V4 race bike is a 1000 the road is 1100.