Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Light weight motorbike Cover  (Read 604 times)

Offline norskman

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR Red
  • Town: London, UK
Light weight motorbike Cover
« on: October 18, 2018, 12:23:18 PM »
| want to get a lightweight motorbike cover that will go over the XR. ( preferably and a top box.
This is only to 'hide' the bike when parked up and not really for rain protection. It needs to be lightweight to fit in the top box.

All suggestions welcome....

I know it sounds silly but covering the bike is actually a major deterrent to on-street bike theft.

Offline r15suk

• XR Member
  • Town: Reading
Re: Light weight motorbike Cover
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 09:04:19 PM »
Roxster - dirt cheap and suitable

Offline wessie

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 XR SE Sport
  • Town: Cheltenham
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 09:38:40 PM »
I used one of these for the times when I parked my R1150GS and then Super Tenere outside.
https://www.mandp.co.uk/motorcycle-accessories/bike-care/deluxe-bike-cover-up-to-1500cc.html

Coated lower part means it does not melt on a hot exhaust. It is vented rather than a breathable fabric - those flaps at the top have a mesh insert underneath. These allow condensation to evaporate. Lasted many years before the effects of the sun made the fabric go brittle.

Offline MR-TiGGer

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: St. Helens
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 10:12:54 AM »
Oxford umbrex shirt cover, I use one to stop cats putting their wet paws over the bike in the shed, but being a shirt cover stops the condensation and packs really small so ideal for traveling. Need the large for an XR 👍
Not personally qualified to confuse cats, but I can recommend an extremely good service.

Offline wessie

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 XR SE Sport
  • Town: Cheltenham
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 11:48:04 AM »
*Originally Posted by MR-TiGGer [+]
Oxford umbrex shirt cover, I use one to stop cats putting their wet paws over the bike in the shed, but being a shirt cover stops the condensation and packs really small so ideal for traveling. Need the large for an XR 👍

My housemate's cat used to climb inside the cover over my Super Tenere and sleep on the seat. I'd pull the cover off and he would not want to move.

Offline Lenbo

• XR Junior
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: NW FL
Happy to have been able to ride motorcycles exclusively since 1980.