Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: sat nav cradle  (Read 813 times)

Online Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
sat nav cradle
« on: October 19, 2018, 01:33:45 PM »
Hi all,
May I pick your brains please. I am fitting a new Sat Nav Cradle to my 2015 xr. The old one is the basic model with out the extra buttons, down the side. But it still has two exterior electrical plugs attached, although only one is used.
The new Cradle also has Identical wiring, my question is what is the second connector used for. ? As there does not appear to be any usable plug in situ, to connect to.   :027:   
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Town: Scotland
Re: sat nav cradle
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 02:09:39 PM »
Can’t remember, but I did once ask about the possibility of fitting a 4-button cradle in conjunction with the fitted thumbwheel control and got advised that it may confuse the Nav (in case you have thumbwheel).

Online Bree

• XR God
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 04:38:48 PM »
Yes I also looked at that, but it appears that the Cradle with buttons, is compatible with all of the Navigation systems. As told to me by the supplier. Unhelpfully the supplier could not explain what the second Electrical connector was for.  :027:

Offline Zuri Raye

• XR Junior
  • Bike: XR
  • Town: Ojai
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 06:04:14 AM »
I believe the “extra” wire is used when installing said cradle on an RT. Something to do with the radio feature (maybe).
Cheers

Online Bree

• XR God
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 09:11:37 AM »
I think you are correct, I now believe it is for Audio connection for separate speakers.

Offline captainspike10

• XR Junior
  • Bike: BMW s1000Xr
  • Town: Skipton
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 03:04:04 PM »
Are the wires going into the cradle socket a different colour to the ones into  the other connector ? confusing me :027:  :020: