Theme Select



Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: 18 Plate in my garage,in Red. UK  (Read 1640 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline 1964Hall

  • XR Pro
  • ***
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 195
  • Bike: S1000 XR 18
  • Town: Salisbury'ish
  • Country: gb
18 Plate in my garage,in Red. UK
on: October 25, 2018, 10:26:54 AM
S1000r and F800 part ex'd for the XR.

I have some parts to fit now, and looking forward to getting used to the higher seat position and finding the ground with just my feet all being well.

 :001:
\v/
\v/ince

#1

Offline Bree

  • XR God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2151
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Country: gb
Re: 18 Plate in my garage,in Red. UK
Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 12:11:00 PM
Nice early Christmas present   :400:  just got to get   :190:  over and then wheel out the beast. Of course you may be an all year round warrior. keep us informed.   :001:   
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

#2

Offline 1964Hall

  • XR Pro
  • ***
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 195
  • Bike: S1000 XR 18
  • Town: Salisbury'ish
  • Country: gb
Re: 18 Plate in my garage,in Red. UK
Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 07:09:54 PM
All year rider here. First mod was to add the heated jacket power lead.
Can of acf50 ready.
Givi rack and hand gaurd extenders fitted.
Wunderlich, longer rear hugger and Pyramid front extender fitted now.
SW Moto engine bars on tomorrow, already has evotec rad gaurds and Puig levers, and heavy bar end weights.
None of the T Rex bobbins and bungs fit the XR from my S1r.
Tuturo chain oiler should be last item to fit when I get it.t
Out on it Saturday if weather isn't icey here, I Observe for IAM hence all year riding to a point.
\v/
\v/ince

#3

Offline LAMBO281

  • Ex Member
  • XR Master
  • *
  • Posts: 518
  • Country: gb
Re: 18 Plate in my garage,in Red. UK
Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 08:38:49 PM
*Originally Posted by 1964Hall [+]
All year rider here. First mod was to add the heated jacket power lead.
Can of acf50 ready.
Givi rack and hand gaurd extenders fitted.
Wunderlich, longer rear hugger and Pyramid front extender fitted now.
SW Moto engine bars on tomorrow, already has evotec rad gaurds and Puig levers, and heavy bar end weights.
None of the T Rex bobbins and bungs fit the XR from my S1r.
Tuturo chain oiler should be last item to fit when I get it.t
Out on it Saturday if weather isn't icey here, I Observe for IAM hence all year riding to a point.
\v/

Hi mate and welcome,

Keep an eye on the wunderlich hugger, I have had 2 now and they have both cracked and failed around the bolt fixings.
Shame as I think it looks better than OEM but that is what I’ve gone back to  :305:

#4

Offline 1964Hall

  • XR Pro
  • ***
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 195
  • Bike: S1000 XR 18
  • Town: Salisbury'ish
  • Country: gb
Re: 18 Plate in my garage,in Red. UK
Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 08:57:57 PM
*Originally Posted by LAMBO281 [+]
Hi mate and welcome,

Keep an eye on the wunderlich hugger, I have had 2 now and they have both cracked and failed around the bolt fixings.
Shame as I think it looks better than OEM but that is what I’ve gone back to  :305:
Thanks for the welcome and ah cr@p! The F800 I just got rid of broke two hugger brackets over 25,000 miles.
Will keep an eye on it and the recept. Bought from NN.
\v/
\v/ince

#5

Offline LAMBO281

  • Ex Member
  • XR Master
  • *
  • Posts: 518
  • Country: gb
Re: 18 Plate in my garage,in Red. UK
Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 11:08:39 PM
I’ve just sent mine back to Germany in exchange for the sport tinted screen they do. So sport screen for blasts out then touring wunderlich for the longer trips!

#6

Offline zbdmark

  • XR Member
  • **
  • Posts: 95
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Warwickshire
  • Country: gb
Re: 18 Plate in my garage,in Red. UK
Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 06:34:20 PM
*Originally Posted by 1964Hall [+]
S1000r and F800 part ex'd for the XR.

 I have some parts to fit now, and looking forward to getting used to the higher seat position and finding the ground with just my feet all being well.

 :001:
\v/

 :400:  Already a BMW convert then I see. You now have the best bike BMW currently make!  :062:   
Avoiding depression is easy - ride your bike as often as possible

#7

Offline 1964Hall

  • XR Pro
  • ***
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 195
  • Bike: S1000 XR 18
  • Town: Salisbury'ish
  • Country: gb
Re: 18 Plate in my garage,in Red. UK
Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 06:48:40 PM
*Originally Posted by zbdmark [+]
:400:  Already a BMW convert then I see. You now have the best bike BMW currently make!  :062:

Thanks, yes I'm currently in agreement with your comment.
XR won out over the KTM13, even though I wanted to run another make and get away from BMW for a change. XR just ticks more boxes than the 13GT.
\v/
\v/ince

#8

Offline otrp

  • XR Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 870
  • Country: us
Re: 18 Plate in my garage,in Red. UK
Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 07:03:56 PM
Welcome 1964.   :002: