Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: full exhaust system Delkevic  (Read 2129 times)

Offline TimTim

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: Chorley
full exhaust system Delkevic
« on: October 28, 2018, 09:53:32 PM »
Now have the prototype full Delkevic exhaust fitted. Less weight more power and.. less handle bar vibration !

Offline LAMBO281

• XR Pro
  • Live the dream and ride 247
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Berkshire UK
Re: full exhaust system Delkevic
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 09:58:20 PM »
Oooooooo I was emailing them about this, picture and video required, what are the fitments? Will it connect to the standard can ‘ akra?

Offline grizzle

• XR Pro
  • Bike: HP Motorsport
  • Town: North Wales
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 09:29:42 AM »
Got any pictures?
 :001:

Online Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 12:04:01 PM »
Google is your friend.

delkevic exhaust S1000xr

:028:

Offline TimTim

• XR Junior
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 01:59:02 PM »
  :029:Mine is the prototype, once its in production it will be marketed by Delkevic, and mine should be going back to have it fitted and tested, but dont know when yet. I feel its been worth the wait. I first fitted an end can which was much lighter by half than the oem. But apart from look and weight saving it made little difference :006:. I contacted DK as I wanted to remove the pregnant bump-collector box- beneath the bike and guessed that was the culprit for sound and performance suppression ! They asked me to lend my bike for development back in July. New system is much lighter, saved about 20kgs in total. Sounds good and reduced bar vibes too, already have bar end weights which reduced it slightly and the new oem clamp rubber spacers. Was still some vibe and the exhaust has reduced it again almost to nothing ! :305:

Offline TimTim

• XR Junior
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 02:11:06 PM »
forgot to mention this will be a plug n play system once on sale, no electrical or power commanders needed. Uses existing sensors. The brain adapts to the new inputs. :062: Delkevic  end cans are available now and fit straight on, the big improvement has come from the new headers and collector pipes. :037:

Online Bree

• XR God
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 04:30:13 PM »
 :152:  Very interesting post, keep us informed......
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 07:33:57 AM »
*Originally Posted by TimTim [+]
reduced bar vibes too, already have bar end weights which reduced it slightly and the new oem clamp rubber spacers. Was still some vibe and the exhaust has reduced it again almost to nothing ! :305:

Same here, 17 model, bar weights, Arrow headers and Delkevic pipe...little to no vibes at any RPM. The headers have a "floating" lower rear mount, which helps greatly I suspect.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Online Speedy

• XR Pro
  • Town: Atlanta
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 12:25:38 AM »
Please keep us posted on this...

Am I reading this right, changing to the Delk full system not only reduced the vibes but SAVED 40+ pounds?  That's 8% of the bikes overall weight.

Any idea on price?  Compared to other similar full systems with a single can on their website it would seem about us$500 would be their target.
2018 BMW S1000XR Ocean Blue - Current
2015 Yamaha FZ-09 Matte Grey - Current
2012 Kawasaki Concours 1400 Black - Sold
2001 Honda CBR 929 - Sold

Online wilbert

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 XR Sport SE
  • Town: Lancashire
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2018, 05:04:23 AM »
I can see some overtime being done when the full system is in production. By the sound of it all the boxes have been ticked and if right 20kg saving is bloody impressive and I can put my diet on hold.

dysfunctional