Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: I need a hug >>>>>>ger!  (Read 1770 times)

Online Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
I need a hug >>>>>>ger!
« on: October 29, 2018, 11:12:26 AM »
I was out yesterday and yes it was a bit damp and the roads were a bit dirty but looking at the back of the bike this morning in the very cold light of day anyone would think I’d done the Dakar!

The issues seems to be getting worse as well, I’ve owned the bike since 2016 and have ridden in the rain but I’m not sure if it’s just this year but every time I go out if there is any dirt on the roads then the bike is filthy.

The question is what huggers do you have and do they help or do I just get Santa to bring me more cleaning produces?
 :440:

After over thirty years behind the bars, I’ve still not done it all or seen it all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/emmanuelgoldstein1

Offline warm-feet

• XR Junior
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Southampton
Re: I need a hug >>>>>>ger!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 11:39:19 AM »
Hi, the BMW S1000 XR is no different from any other motorbike I've had - if the roads are mucky, then the bike gets mucky too! I wash mine with the hose pipe to splash all around the back of the bike - I have no worries!  :002:

Online Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 12:31:02 PM »
 Myself and few on here have fitted the one from China, Go onto ebay and put in rear hugger BMW S1000XR. it is on for £ 37.00 but if you put in an offer of around £32.00 it should be accepted. Well made only thing I changed were the fixing bolts, I used stainless to prevent rusting.
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Online Speedy

• XR Pro
  • Town: Atlanta
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 12:41:39 PM »
Hey Bree,

The hugger from China I found on e-bay shows '15-'17 XRs.  Any reason to believe that it would not fit an '18?

Thanks
2018 BMW S1000XR Ocean Blue - Current
2015 Yamaha FZ-09 Matte Grey - Current
2012 Kawasaki Concours 1400 Black - Sold
2001 Honda CBR 929 - Sold

Online Bree

• XR God
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 01:07:37 PM »
No as far as I am aware there is no difference, as they are a copy of the dearer Wunderlich item, and the Wunderlich hugger fits all years. Then I am confident in saying it will fit.......
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline advr6

• XR Member
  • Town: Burlington
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 01:18:46 PM »
I installed the Wunderlich hugger and while it makes a little bit of a difference the bike still get's dirty to the point where the lock on the top case is hard to open as a result of all the dirt that gets flung about.  Anyone else experience issues with the top case lock and what if anything have you done about it?

Offline GeekDroid

• XR Member
  • Town: Coatesville PA
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 03:36:25 PM »
For dirty locks I use a dry lube aerosol spray like Liquid Wrench Dry lubricant. The liquid in the spray is just a carrier and dissipates, leaving a dry lube that doesn't attract dust and dirt.

Online Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 04:42:00 PM »
I’ve got a Power Bronze version,the Wundelich one and an Ilmberger option but I think the trick to keeping your bike clean at this time of year is not to ride it.  :002:

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 07:59:16 PM »
I had the Wunderlicht hugger - made very little difference to dirt fling - took it off and sold it to Winger  :305:
PSH

Offline 1964Hall

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000 XR 18
  • Town: Salisbury'ish
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2018, 08:18:26 PM »
Ah bugger, just spent a wedge on the Wunderlich hugger hoping for better protection based on some other threads that recommended it.  :138:
\v/ince

dysfunctional