Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: BMW dealers in Bay Area, CA  (Read 270 times)

Offline matjam

• XR Junior
  • Town: Concord, CA
BMW dealers in Bay Area, CA
« on: November 01, 2018, 03:45:56 PM »
So I'm probably going to be picking up a new 2019 s1000xr at the end of the month, I was hoping someone who lives in the Bay Area might be able to tell me what their experiences have been with either of those dealers.

I live in Concord, so the BMW dealer there would be ideal but they are pretty new. BMW of San Francisco has been around a while and has a generally good reputation online but I don't know whether the online reviews on google etc are legit.

The other opinion that would be nice to know, and I did read a lot of the threads here, but a general sense of the newer models, the 2018 more specifically, how many miles are people putting on them and are they behaving well - I do 300 miles a week just commuting and if she's as good as I think she is she will get flogged on weekends too.

Offline Wonger

• XR Member
  • Bike: '18 S1000XR
  • Town: Fayetteville, GA
Re: BMW dealers in Bay Area, CA
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 03:58:00 PM »
I've got an '18 and at 2500 miles in about 3 months, it developed a weepy oil leak from the water pump (little black plug on the bottom). Just replaced under warranty and I'm watching it now. Otherwise, it's been great despite a bit of a creaky throttle assy which is seems like many BMW's share.

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: BMW dealers in Bay Area, CA
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 05:06:30 PM »
Yep the water pump leak, is quite well known. But it is a minor fault that once repaired, does not seem to re-appear. I have personally not had any problems on my bike (2015). But I am very confident with the bmw back up here in the UK. And they do seem to fix the faults without any quibble.... Enjoy the bike.
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

dysfunctional