Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Left mirror vibration  (Read 2992 times)

Offline bmac

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Wisconsin
Left mirror vibration
« on: September 14, 2015, 02:28:39 AM »
Along with other owners I have noticed that the left mirror vibrates more than the right. At certain RPM's the left mirror is completely useless. After wondering about why this is I determined that it is due to not having a hydraulic clutch.

What?? Huh? How could that be?  The vibrations on the right mirror are mitigated by the brake lever assembly but the left mirror is connected directly to the handlebar. Without the additional mass to absorb some of the vibration they make it all the way to the mirror.

Another reason the XR should have come with a hydraulic clutch. I really like having two usable mirrors.

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
Re: Left mirror vibration
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 01:13:55 AM »
Hell, if they'd give me a hydraulic clutch I wouldn't even care if the mirror continued to vibrate!!   :008:
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Red
  • Town: London
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 08:08:21 AM »
Opening an old debate between cable and hydro clutch.  It has been done on a lot of forums,  I know there was a big following on the crossrunner to get a cable clutch back most were stating reliability ease to fix and feel for the purists.  The + camp were ease of use light feeling ect.

S.
As Always Ride Safe.

Offline bmac

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Wisconsin
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 12:43:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by fgdriver [+]
Opening an old debate between cable and hydro clutch.  It has been done on a lot of forums,  I know there was a big following on the crossrunner to get a cable clutch back most were stating reliability ease to fix and feel for the purists.  The + camp were ease of use light feeling ect.

S.

I really just want to be able to see what is behind me however it gets done.

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 02:30:25 PM »
Stick it in Dynamic ride it as it was made to be ridden and dont worry as there wont be anything behind you or if there is you will see the blue flashing lights
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Red
  • Town: London
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 05:13:01 PM »
Hey Rick when did they put the blues and two's on the Helicopter?  :008:

S.
As Always Ride Safe.