Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: NEC Motorcycle Live  (Read 2951 times)

Offline jackandthebear

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr Sport SE
  • Town: swindon
NEC Motorcycle Live
« on: November 17, 2018, 09:50:21 AM »
Who is going ? When ? Whats of interest ?

My plan is to ride the S1000XR up early Sunday and take advantage of the free motorbike park !
Want to see Scottoiler and get any show discount and check out Adventure style jackets as I need a new one !
Want to see any Iphone mounts that are waterproof and tankbags all planning to next Mays tour of `Austria and Dolomites

Then tour the Cotswolds on my return in the afternoon

Offline Martin

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Sport SE
  • Town: West Berks
Re: NEC Motorcycle Live
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 10:29:08 AM »
I’ll be there on the last day, kind of a tradition with me and a couple of mates.  Used to be able to barter on the last day as vendors were trying to get rid of stock, but that’s pretty much all disappeared now... I guess the margins are so tight on their discounted prices there isn’t much else to give.

The XR is pretty much sorted, so only really interested in BMW and Red Torpedo apparel this year.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 10:34:00 AM by Martin »

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 10:41:02 AM »
Going mid-week:  In early , a stroll around all the stands, lunch at Subway (not bad) and a more focused tour of the stands warranting more interest in the afternoon  - then the drive home.

Going to have a look more closely at the Dane Goretex clothing, but other than that - not looking for anything in particular.

:305:

Online Mad paddy

• XR Member
  • Town: Adare co limeric
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 10:51:54 AM »
Myself and four mates flying over from Ireland 🇮🇪 sat 24th
Looking forward to see new s1000 updates on display that will be on new xr

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 04:09:07 PM »
Ooops missed this just spent 6 odd hours in there.

Online Mad paddy

• XR Member
  • Town: Adare co limeric
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2018, 04:18:21 PM »
Was it any good ?

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 04:35:35 PM »
I’m not the bloke to ask at 8.15 we were walking the dogs at 9 am we walking through door which including getting there and parking you guys who have to travel will be better at judging that but how the hell any of the traders make it pay i’ve No idea looking at some of the prices helmets in particular and that’s from someone who hates even paying trade.

Shame about the guy selling tyres Mich 5’s £229 but the rear was only in a 50.

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2018, 05:47:34 PM »
What I did forget is my first taste of a TFT screen now i’ll Admit there is a certain allowance for old dog new tricks  :002: but having seen one on the new KTM GT you can stick them where the sun don’t shine  :110: even at the show it was like watching a tv in your living room with all the lights off never mind it be so busy you couldn’t work out what the hell was going on.

Offline Kevin1953

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Haverfordwest
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2018, 06:05:18 PM »
 We're heading up from Haverfordwest cross country to Stratford on Avon Tomorrow (Sunday) have a night there in a B and B then only a short hop up to the NEC after a nice breakfast and after the rush hour clears. Free bike parking, stay till it closes and then a B and B in Hockley Heath just down the road before a cross country ride home Tuesday. We do it that way every year and make a mini break out of it. have learned to avoid the show on the weekends and its so much easier and more enjoyable with less people there.

Online Bree

• XR God
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2018, 06:55:01 PM »
 :152:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.