Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Exhaust Option  (Read 6587 times)

Offline bagwafu

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: South Central
Exhaust Option
« on: September 15, 2015, 04:34:10 PM »
There's a small family run company in Burscough in Lancashire called MTC Exhausts that do slip ons and full systems - In the past I have had 5 end cans off them on various bikes - workmanship is great and the prices typically half to two thirds that of an Akra.  Anyway they have just done this for a Kawasaki Z1000 SX Pannier model:

In order to make something similar for the XR, they need a bike in their workshop.  It would only take an hour there to make up the link pipe.  If I lived anywhere near them I would have my bike into them in a flash - however I don't and I'm about to go away for a protracted period with work etc - so it doesn't work for me - however if you are interested and are able to ride there for this can or indeed any of their other cans on here http://www.maxtorquecans.com/ give Martin a call on 01704 893337 and he will sort you out, maybe with a bit of a discount but thats between you and him.

I have no vested interest in the company, just a very contented customer over the years who lives too far away !!
S1000XR SE Sport

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Town: Essex Junction
Re: Exhaust Option
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 01:00:31 AM »
Interesting profile.  Do they give you any numbers regarding how the HP is affected?
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 08:30:08 AM »
I wouldn't put that monstrosity on my bike if it was a quarter of the price of the Akra! :745:

Offline bagwafu

• XR Pro
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 09:03:48 AM »
*Originally Posted by grnmtvt [+]
Interesting profile.  Do they give you any numbers regarding how the HP is affected?

I don't know - not much I'm sure - however you'd have to check with the company.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 09:05:19 AM by bagwafu »
S1000XR SE Sport

Offline bagwafu

• XR Pro
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 09:04:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by RichS1000XR [+]
I wouldn't put that monstrosity on my bike if it was a quarter of the price of the Akra! :745:

Each to their own, I quite like it. The Akra is boring, and there's nothing else out there at the moment.
S1000XR SE Sport

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 11:04:52 AM »
Yoshimura will be along with a thing of beauty before long or termignoni !

Be patient
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline johnboy1984

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Belfast
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 11:30:29 AM »
*Originally Posted by RichS1000XR [+]

x2, its hideous.... Theres a lot to said for leaving things alone... I think the standard can sounds awesome

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 02:56:42 AM »
Redrick is right.......either Yoshimura or someone else will be coming out with something in the near future that will have us all panting.  Very surprised to say that Akra, for the money, seems a bit of a disappointment in the appearance department. Bet it sounds sweet though!!!!!!!!   :002: 
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 08:40:05 AM »
*Originally Posted by grnmtvt [+]
Bet it sounds sweet though!!!!!!!!   :002:

With the baffle out on mine, it sounds truly epic, on full chat! :046:

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 01:45:57 AM »
The Akra/baffle out on the 1300S was da bomb!!  Couldn't get enough of it!   :002: