Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Charger/Tender Pigtail  (Read 526 times)

Offline rutty99

• XR Junior
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Traverse City
Charger/Tender Pigtail
« on: November 17, 2018, 11:55:09 AM »
Does anyone know the brand of this charger/tender pigtail?

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: Charger/Tender Pigtail
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 02:14:30 PM »
Hi Rutty,
I do not know what brand that particular one is. But it is the standard plug that you get supplied with both the Optimate charger or the Oxford brand charger. I am certain if you look on ebay, they are available very cheaply on there.
Forgot to add that is the older connector for the optimate. The newer one has a different end.

Update,  "RS Components"  Stock Number,  458 - 9349   £6.04.....   Thats with the permanent fixtures to the Battery. They also do it with the crocodile clips..... :305: :305:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 02:29:54 PM by Bree »
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline orbits

• XR Junior
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 09:42:27 PM »
Ditto previous - I remember that from an older and earlier version of the Optimate I bought probably ~12 years or so back.

The connector itself is known as a 'Tamiya' connector as it's what their R/C cars came with for many years on the 7.2V battery packs (maybe still do).

HTH

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 09:51:50 PM »
It ain’t an Optimate that is for sure,in fact I don’t even think they went to the States.

Offline orbits

• XR Junior
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 10:03:50 PM »
Worth clarifying my previous post; first and foremost it is a Tamiya connector and pretty much every R/C car, kids ride-on truck, 6V / 7.2V / 12V battery application known to man has at some point probably had other mfrs make us of them as a fairly ubiquitous connector standard. That doesn't make it an Optimate connector per say, but I did buy an original Optimate charger many years ago that used it. There's almost certainly other float chargers that have used it too.

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 10:08:18 PM »
 I recently gave my mk1 Optimate away because it didn’t Connect to any of the latter versions.

But when it comes to batteries and chargers we share little with our  friends across the pond not even lithium’s.

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 10:17:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by orbits [+]
Worth clarifying my previous post; first and foremost it is a Tamiya connector and pretty much every R/C car, kids ride-on truck, 6V / 7.2V / 12V battery application known to man has at some point probably had other mfrs make us of them as a fairly ubiquitous connector standard. That doesn't make it an Optimate connector per say, but I did buy an original Optimate charger many years ago that used it. There's almost certainly other float chargers that have used it too.

Early optimates definitely used this type of connector. And you correct in pointing out that this was the standard connector, for many various applications. I bought a 12v spotlight earlier this year, that supplied this type of battery connector.     
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 07:57:43 AM »
Regardless it will need someone from the other side of the pond to answer the OP.

Offline bazzer

• XR Pro
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2018, 08:02:23 AM »
As said Optimate used to use this Tamiya style connector as did most other float chargers. Optimate now use SAE style connectors as do most others.

Really annoying as I have 4 chargers in the garage and only one of them is the old style connector :-)

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 08:32:51 AM »
It’s a standard Tamiya connector with a rubber shroud/cap.

That’s all the identifiers that are required.    Standard Tamiya opposite connector/cable required to mate with it.

dysfunctional