Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bagster seat  (Read 1427 times)

Offline wessie

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 XR SE Sport
  • Town: Cheltenham
Bagster seat
« on: November 18, 2018, 11:28:59 AM »
I can't see any discussion of the Bagster seat as an option.

I used one on my Tracer and it was very good. The same French retailer has 2 versions available for the XR
https://www.silverstonemotor.com/en/1898-selle-bmw#/modele_bmw-s1000_r_rr_xr

My bike came with the BMW HP seat and I like the look of this and it is better than the original seat. I find on a longer ride it is not as comfortable as I would like.

Has anyone tried the Bagster seat option? 

Offline wessie

• XR Pro
Re: Bagster seat
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 11:32:59 AM »
on the Tracer, I took the posh version with an upgrade to Bultex foam

Offline LicandReg

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2019 Black
  • Town: Sydney
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 03:35:32 AM »
Hi Wessie, this a very old post I know, but did you end up with one of these seats? It came up in a search - though best to ask before re-posting. Cheers.
L&R

Offline wessie

• XR Pro
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 05:25:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by LicandReg [+]
Hi Wessie, this a very old post I know, but did you end up with one of these seats? It came up in a search - though best to ask before re-posting. Cheers.

No, I don't have one on the XR as my bike came with the BMW HP seat.

I have a lot of confidence in Bagster seats though. Numerous very happy Tracer owners use them as well as riders of other bikes

Offline LicandReg

• XR Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 01:48:09 AM »
Cheers. Really want the Wunderlich option, but crazy expensive. The problem with seats is what works for one, doesn't for others so it's a bit suck it and see. Thanks for the response. :028:
L&R

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 03:50:37 AM »
Cheers. Really want the Wunderlich option, but crazy expensive. The problem with seats is what works for one, doesn't for others so it's a bit suck it and see. Thanks for the response. :028:

I have a Corbin seat....great comfort for touring etc.... but basically keeps you locked in, not easy to hang off the side if you want to play in the twisty stuff.

https://cdn.img.s1000xr.uk/20190124_150937.jpg

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline LicandReg

• XR Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 04:31:09 AM »
It looks a lot thicker/higher than standard unit. Is this the case? I'm 6'4", so can use extra leg room. Also, have you any feedback on pillion comfort? Gotta justify the cost. Cheers.
L&R

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2020, 06:40:56 AM »
It looks a lot thicker/higher than standard unit. Is this the case? I'm 6'4", so can use extra leg room. Also, have you any feedback on pillion comfort? Gotta justify the cost. Cheers.

Yes, it's a bit higher than standard, you being 6'4" would be ok though.. My missus reports the Corbin seat to be nice and comfy but a bit slippery with dragin-jeans on, but ok when wearing proper m'cycle pants....some of them have that rubberized seat to them. My DriRider winter pants have an "anti-slip" coating on the backside. 

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline runnerhiker

• XR Member
  • Bike: '19 S1000XR
  • Town: Niwot CO USA
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2020, 06:23:17 PM »
The Corbin is about 2" higher than the HP OEM seat.

Offline LicandReg

• XR Member
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2020, 01:50:15 AM »
Thanks gents, the photos are fantastic. It looks a bit locked in as you say Smithy, but comfort wins mostly these days of older and slower.
L&R