Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: sena20s evo and nav v  (Read 419 times)

Offline johnnienofish

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: MANCHESTER
sena20s evo and nav v
« on: November 19, 2018, 03:29:45 PM »
hi all, not very tech minded so I might be missing something easy here - but im having a problem with comms on the 20s evo,
ok planned a route yesterday for me and my mate to ride, set the route running on my nav v,  nav v connected to my sena 20s, me and my mate pair our intercoms so we can chat whilst riding the route, now when the nav v gives me directions- sometimes it cuts the comms then we have to go back into pairing mode to get the comms back,  :230: and so this went on, also noticed if I passed  a speed camera it dropped the comms- sometimes it would come back on sometimes not ?
any solutions ? anyone experienced the same thing ? is it something im doing/not doing,
proper preparation prevents piss poor performance

Offline merlin

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Ilminster
Re: sena20s evo and nav v
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 05:15:22 PM »
The Nav 5 only supports one headset at a time, this could be the reason for the drop-outs when it gives directions. This might include speed cameras too if the Nav is giving you a warning.

Offline Martin

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Sport SE
  • Town: West Berks
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 05:39:11 PM »
The 20s supports audio multitasking, so you should be able to have the intercom with your mate and the Nav V at the same time.  That's the way I hope to have my 30k set up.  I say hope because although I've set everything up, I've not tested it properly yet.  There's a couple of big differences though, in my case the other intercom is also a 30k so the connection between the two is mesh and the 30k has all the audio multitasking settings in a comprehensive smartphone app.

Does your mate also have a 20s?  Have you configured the audio multitasking?  This video explains it briefly

Offline johnnienofish

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: MANCHESTER
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 06:10:18 PM »
thanks Martin  hopefully  that might be the answer, ill keep you posted  :038:
proper preparation prevents piss poor performance

Offline bazzer

• XR Pro
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 07:02:12 AM »
Me and my mates use 20s and I have no problem at all. I use audio multi tasking, I can listen to music and talk to my mate and its just mixes them together. However the beeps and stuff from the Sat Nav does cut out the music and intercom for some reason. It does however come back and work fine.

Strangely though his pauses the music when I talk to him, we have gone through all the settings and matched them to mine and it still does it. They are both on the same firmware version. Its really odd.