Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Custom made ear plugs V Bose Noise Cancelling  (Read 1052 times)

Offline jackandthebear

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr Sport SE
  • Town: swindon
Custom made ear plugs V Bose Noise Cancelling
« on: November 19, 2018, 07:53:46 PM »
FWIW
I rode to the NEC Sunday and had plenty of high speed action across the Cotswold, on the outward section I wore Bose Noise cancelling earbugs 50% of the time with music, on the return Ultimate Ear made to measure ear plugs.
I can state factually the Bose is a much quieter ride, only getting a popping sensation from them with side winds or passing lorries coming the other way.
I was surprised the size of the difference

Offline wessie

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 XR SE Sport
  • Town: Cheltenham
Re: Custom made ear plugs V Bose Noise Cancelling
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 10:50:35 PM »
which Bose model were you using?

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 04:09:18 AM »
I’ve discovered that with ears changing shape internally, that my previously-comfortable custom-moulded earbuds - are now agony.   

But, both my previous bike (R1200GSA) and now the XR with MRA screen - there is not much wind-roar in the helmet, and I can get away with normal audio earbuds.   (Low profile with soft neoprene inserts)

Not tried specific ‘noise-cancelling’ though, but imagine that they may be a bit of a hazard?   I don’t listen to music often on a bike-  it is mostly for bike-bike comms on holidays.

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 12:37:16 PM »
Looked at the Bose once, but unless I was looking at the wrong thing. The price was in excess of £250.   :005:  Im sticking to my soft 3M ear plugs cost pennies, and work fine for me. Can still hear the Sat-Nav clearly. Happy days.
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline jackandthebear

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr Sport SE
  • Town: swindon

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 12:59:10 PM »
I was obviously looking at the wrong thing. I only need ear plugs to lessern the wind noise, hence the cheap solution. I do not listen to Music or the phone ( What a godsend ) and as I can still clearly hear the Sat Nav or inter bike chat, Im fine. But thanks for the Info...........

Offline MR-TiGGer

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: St. Helens
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 12:20:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bree [+]
I was obviously looking at the wrong thing. I only need ear plugs to lessern the wind noise, hence the cheap solution. I do not listen to Music or the phone ( What a godsend ) and as I can still clearly hear the Sat Nav or inter bike chat, Im fine. But thanks for the Info...........

100% agree but the  Howard Leight Laser Lite slightly better reductions than 3M for me👍
Not personally qualified to confuse cats, but I can recommend an extremely good service.

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 02:03:21 PM »
Hi Mr Tigger, Thanks for the info I have never looked at those, so I will see what they are like. Always nice to hear different opinions.

Offline jakebake

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: warwick
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 06:37:45 PM »
I have used the bose qc 30s for 18 months they are a marked improvement even to the custom fit ones. Also you have the benefit of being able to listen to sat nav and speed warnings etc and on long boring motorways you can listen to stored music from the sat nav or phone.

You can still hear everything clearly so don’t worry about not being able to hear your XR sing  :164: :164:. They just seem separate the wind noise really well. Battery last 10hrs .

They do take a bit of  getting used to the best way to put your helmet on with the buds in place, but its well worth it in the end ( shoei gtair)

One tip , if you are thinking of buying any then maybe go down the john lewis route and for an extra £35 you get full 36 months cover, even for accidental damage or loss

Offline MR-TiGGer

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: St. Helens
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 12:20:42 AM »
*Originally Posted by Bree [+]
Hi Mr Tigger, Thanks for the info I have never looked at those, so I will see what they are like. Always nice to hear different opinions.
If it’s any help you can buy like 10 pairs on amazon or fleabay to trial them then if suits ya then I buy the 200 pair box for about £25ish
Not personally qualified to confuse cats, but I can recommend an extremely good service.

dysfunctional