Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bridgestone T30 OE Tyres  (Read 962 times)

Offline zbdmark

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Warwickshire
Bridgestone T30 OE Tyres
« on: November 23, 2018, 11:00:38 PM »
I've been more impressed with the standard T30 tyres than I was expecting to be, even though they have been superseded by the T31 and my normal preference is Michelin. During the summer I managed to get the rear right to the edge and the front pretty far over too. Never felt the lack of grip in any situation and they seemed to warm up pretty quickly. Now having got to 3750 miles the middle of the rear is down to the depth marker in places and I've been getting a few slides here and there with the roads being really slimy in the UK at the moment. For the first time in a long time and on a cost conscious basis I've decided to just change the rear like for like, especially as winter is here. If it was summer I would have run it a little longer then changed the pair. Managed to pick up a rear for £90 at the NEC bike show and got it fitted for £10 so pretty pleased with that until summer comes around again.  :169:     
Avoiding depression is easy - ride your bike as often as possible

Offline nerqo

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: Sandefjord
Re: Bridgestone T30 OE Tyres
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 11:06:06 PM »
Oem tires on bmw s1000xr are much softer than production tires, the i talked to a deal and they had a oem tire and sales tire on the weightscale and they were different in weight .
i was pleased with oem tire for the first season stable on fast uprise driving, but did lose a bit grip on driving on the shoulders of the tire. was a bit heart rate increase the first time it happend hehe. later on u get use to it with tc coming on. and the wear of the tire was pretty fast for touring tire, did 5000 km and they were tost. for me they were good, but road 5 is just a next level i my opinion

Offline Spongebob

• XR Junior
  • Town: Rossendale
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 10:18:19 PM »
Picked up a 2019 HP a couple of weeks ago, the oem T30 tyres are probably the worst tyres I have ever ridden on. Ok ish in the dry but down right dangerous in the wet. On a ride tonight after work I had the TC cutting in several times on damp and wet roads and on one occasion had a two wheel slide. I have never had a set of tyres that have felt so disconnected from the bike. It actually felt on a few occasions like I was riding on ice.
They will be coming off tomorrow and replaced with Roadtec 01’s

Online Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 12:48:42 PM »
Great tyre the 01s and they suit the XR, I have just fitted another new set..
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Online bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 08:07:56 AM »
I have about 18500 miles on the old girl at the moment and I have had the following tyres on it.

1 x Bridgestone T30, did not really like it slow turning and not that great grip.
2 x Pirelli Rosso III Great tyre but on a 3K+ two week tour its marginal if they are going to last.
3 x Metzler  Roadtech 01  I like them when new and they are great in the wet and the cold. Not quite as agile as the Rosso. However they squared badly and you end up with a crap tyre for the last 800miles/ That said I rode two of the 3 down past the wear bars as got caught out on trips to north Wales where I thought they would do the trip and they didn't :-) So i think the wear might speed up towards the end.

I have just fitted a set of S22's for my Pyrenees trip at the end of the month and I hope they last well enough and get me round the 11day trip.

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 10:45:38 AM »
*Originally Posted by Spongebob [+]
Picked up a 2019 HP a couple of weeks ago, the oem T30 tyres are probably the worst tyres I have ever ridden on. Ok ish in the dry but down right dangerous in the wet. On a ride tonight after work I had the TC cutting in several times on damp and wet roads and on one occasion had a two wheel slide. I have never had a set of tyres that have felt so disconnected from the bike. It actually felt on a few occasions like I was riding on ice.
They will be coming off tomorrow and replaced with Roadtec 01’s

Completely agree - awful tyre - don't know why BMW fit them unless they get them really cheap  :305:
PSH

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 05:47:07 PM »
"Metzler  Roadtech 01  I like them when new and they are great in the wet and the cold. Not quite as agile as the Rosso. However they squared badly and you end up with a crap tyre for the last 800miles/ That said I rode two of the 3 down past the wear bars as got caught out on trips to north Wales where I thought they would do the trip and they didn't :-) So i think the wear might speed up towards the end."

I found that once on tour - start of the day, I thought they were fit for the next 1000 miles - by lunchtime, I was looking for the nearest stockist! :005:

Offline Spongebob

• XR Junior
  • Town: Rossendale
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 09:21:30 PM »
Mareng1, I can put up with the wear, I can’t put up with feeling like I am going to slide a £15000 bike down the road at any minute and riding like my grannie when ever the road is wet :110:
A few hundred quid on tyres is better than thousands repairing my bike :001:

dysfunctional