Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Nexx Helmets  (Read 1240 times)

Offline merlin

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Ilminster
Nexx Helmets
« on: November 28, 2018, 11:18:42 AM »
Anybody own one, tried one, loved, hated, whatever?
Points of interest - noise, buffeting and comfort.
I'm looking at the new X.WST 2....

I may have put this in the wrong area - apologies.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 11:20:30 AM by merlin »

Offline kwarrs1000xr

• XR Member
  • Bike: X1000SR
  • Town: St. Albans
Re: Nexx Helmets
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 11:48:10 AM »
I had one when I hired a GS in Malaga back in April. It was fine - nice integrated bluetooth option too, BUT didn't get to use it as the hire company cocked it up. But the helmet was comfy, dry in the pouring rain and pretty good s proofing.

Offline merlin

• XR Pro
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 01:39:22 PM »
OK thanks.
How was the build quality? It looks good in a couple of videos I've seen. I don't expect it to be as slick as my current GT Air but then it costs a lot less.

Offline Harry H

• XR Member
  • Town: Sunny Surrey
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 02:52:19 PM »
I had one before my current GT Air and whilst they are cheaper they also feel it. Never quite fitted right and one of the visor clips broke which was hard to get a replacement for.

Offline merlin

• XR Pro
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 03:35:37 PM »
OK. I get that the fittings like clips etc are a quality issue but the fit on your head is what it is. I tried a Schuberth and while they're known for their quality it didn't feel right on my skull. Not the helmet's fault...

Offline Harry H

• XR Member
  • Town: Sunny Surrey
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 03:48:45 PM »
It's not just about fit though as their shell size is a bit weird. Normally I'm a large Arai or Shoei but the large on a Nexx came up a bit tight so ended up with a XL with the bigger inserts to get a snug fit. Which made the shell bloody huge compared to my previous helmets.

It wasn't long before the inserts started to compress and then the whole thing was too big. There's no way I could have persevered  with the smaller size initially though.

Shoei felt great day one and still fits perfectly 2yrs later.

Offline merlin

• XR Pro
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 03:59:52 PM »
Yes mine's been good too. I'm a standard medium (57cm), I think I'll try a Nexx for fit etc anyway if I'm heading near a dealer some time.

Offline fozz

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000 xr se
  • Town: Somerset
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 10:52:47 PM »
C

Offline TRAIL BOSS

• XR Member
  • Bike: 16 S1KXR
  • Town: Arlington
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2018, 12:28:47 AM »
I owned an XR2 for a couple seasons. Excellent fit, visibility, and design. Really wish it were a better helmet, as it looked and felt good.

Unfortunately nearly every part of the helmet was made with poorly designed fasteners and materials. The tabs securing the interior pads all started failing after the first removal. If I removed my helmet after a particularly sweaty session instructing at the race track the liners would come out as the helmet came off. The shield attachments are easily lost, as well.

Offline merlin

• XR Pro
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2018, 12:49:47 PM »
I tried on the full-carbon version of the WST.2 and it didn't really fit me properly, so that sorted that out. It was noticeably lighter than the GT Air but as others have said, the quality of the fittings wasn't great. Bye-bye and back to Sportsbikeshop....

I'll have to wait for the X-Lite X-903 to appear (sometime this month?) or the GT Air 2 (March next year). The Shoei Neotec 2 has also caught my eye, though I've never looked at a modular helmet before. It looks good.