Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Navigator V music download  (Read 695 times)

Offline Spooch

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: GRANTHAM
Navigator V music download
« on: November 29, 2018, 07:49:13 PM »
To put some music on my Sat Nav V,   I connected it to my laptop, sent the tracks I wanted to a sync list then pressed sync to device which I assume is my Sat Nav. I then go to Media Player section on the Sat Nav which I thought would then bring up the music downloaded but just advises me that I need an A2DP headset connected to listen to the music. I currently have a Sena 10u headset. Where have I gone wrong?
I've previously listened to my music via my phone without any issues.
Cheers
Paul
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 08:03:11 PM by Spooch »
If your not going to thrash it leave it in the garage !!

Online PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
Re: Navigator V music download
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 09:42:22 AM »
I downloaded my tracks to an compatible SD card (check for compatibility in Nav V manual) in MP3 format and inserted the card in the Nav slot and connected my Sena 10U headset which was bluetooth paired with the Nav and the tracks were visible on my Nav and could be managed and played from there - easy.  10U does of course need to be switched on :305:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 09:43:15 AM by PaulS1000XR »
PSH

Offline Salem

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 02:28:42 PM »
I just use file explorer so I know (or understand)  what goes where. But I'm seeing that sometimes as well. Mostly after filling up, when the Nav5 has powered off. You get the warning and the music player won't appear. Switching one or both units off, and back on, cures it, but it is an annoying thing having to do. Happens with phone out of the loop too.

A much more frequent problem I have is music in slow motion. Also only happens on a change, like power off, or switching FM to to MP3. It takes the timer bar on the music player 5+ seconds to move one real second. The result is a low level popping sound. I'm suspecting b/t protocol buffer issues, maybe related to this, but I'm way out of my comfort zone here

Edit: I've a Cardo Freecom4
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 02:33:10 PM by Salem »

Offline Spooch

• XR Member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 09:50:31 PM »
After taking the sd card out of my phone and trying that in my sat nav to no avail I then put the sd card from my sat nav in to my phone and bingo, music played. Put it back in to my sat nav and computer says no. So after taking sd cards out of sat navs, phones card readers and a whole host of other devices to check it would play on them and everything was good except for the sat nav ! I had just about given up when I though I'd put it on the bike and see what happened and as if by magic music flowed through the  helmet with all the tracks having a consistent volume level and all was good. Very happy chappy now !  :002:

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Pro
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Saint Paul
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 02:24:27 AM »
I'll try not to editorialize too much, since I think BlueTooth is about the most foolish technology every pushed to the public.  It just... doesn't work... ever.  :004:

Ooop.  I've said too much already.  :019:

That said, A2DP can be finicky when you have a system paired three ways. 

Double check that the Nav V isn't attempting to output to a paired phone versus the Sena.  I'm sure the 10u is A2DP compatible, so my first reaction would be to unpair your phone from the Nav V, and see if the Sena picks up after that.
-Erik

"...but the XR is a sports bike on stilts!"
  -- zbdmark

Offline Spooch

• XR Member
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 06:45:04 PM »
Tried it actually fitted to the bike and everything works a treat, no issues at all, very pleased with it.

*Originally Posted by Low-Brau [+]
I'll try not to editorialize too much, since I think BlueTooth is about the most foolish technology every pushed to the public.  It just... doesn't work... ever.  :004:

Ooop.  I've said too much already.  :019:

That said, A2DP can be finicky when you have a system paired three ways. 

Double check that the Nav V isn't attempting to output to a paired phone versus the Sena.  I'm sure the 10u is A2DP compatible, so my first reaction would be to unpair your phone from the Nav V, and see if the Sena picks up after that.

dysfunctional