Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Different handlebars  (Read 2378 times)

Online Markymark11

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2017 XR SE
  • Town: Basingstoke
Different handlebars
« on: December 21, 2018, 11:36:00 AM »
I have a set of black 28mm bars from a Kawasaki Versys which have a slightly different rake on them. They are the same width and diameter and might just try them for a giggle as I think black bars will look nice. I know I need to open the end thread for my evotech weights and drill new locating holes for the switches, but wondered whether all the fittings and switches / throttle tube  /  grips are all screwed or bolted on or is anything glued down / non removable ? - I don't want to damage any OEM stuff in case I don't like it and want to revert back.

Online SimonUK

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
Re: Different handlebars
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 12:49:28 PM »
Nothing is glued down. both sides have a small screw going through the bars to secure the switches, The left side is easy to remove, the screw is under the grip rubber, just peel it back a bit. The right side is a little more involved. you will need a T9(or T8) driver. You need to remove the switch cover, inside there is the screw. I will try to upload some photos a little later.

Online SimonUK

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 01:27:23 PM »

Online Markymark11

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2017 XR SE
  • Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 04:55:55 PM »