Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: GPS Prep kit - no power  (Read 2400 times)

Offline AussieJonathan

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Bayview, NSW, AU
GPS Prep kit - no power
« on: September 21, 2015, 12:33:27 AM »
Just an FYI about my GPS prep kit. I bought the bike with the GPS prep in a 'touring' package but the Navigator V were not available at the time...

Anyway a couple of weeks ago the Nav Vs came in (to Australia) and I bought one. I got it home and tried it on the XR but it did not power up automatically and did not respond to the handlebar wheel. So you guessed it the Prep kit was not connected. I looked under the seat but nothing obvious so I ran it over to the dealer a few days later. I did not see what they did but it took almost an hour and they gave me a black plug afterwards.

So if possible have your bike handy if you get one. With the ignition off fit the unit then ignition on - the GPS should spring into life.

Cheers

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Town: Essex Junction
Re: GPS Prep kit - no power
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 03:55:25 AM »
Have yet to install the GPS.  Thanks for the tip!! 
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline Winkie

• XR Member
  • Town: Bangkok
Re: GPS Prep kit - no power
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 02:48:07 AM »
Good to know.  Nav V not in stock here in Thailand yet, am told mine will arrive around Mid October (ordered and paid in April!). 

dysfunctional