Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Givi Soft Luggage  (Read 349 times)

Online Denzle

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Worcester
Givi Soft Luggage
« on: January 02, 2019, 01:28:46 PM »
Hi peeps,
I’m looking for a soft luggage system for my forthcoming Spain trip and was looking at the Givi UT808 bags which look the business.
At £176.50 that’s not a bad price, however the Givi PL rack is is an additional £198, does anyone know if they will attach to the BMW rack that came with the bike.
They only buckle onto the rack and not clip on like hard luggage.
Thanks for looking
Denzle

Offline Markymark11

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2017 XR SE
  • Town: Basingstoke
Re: Givi Soft Luggage
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 05:09:34 PM »
I don't know but if you go to ebay and type in Givi ut808 and scroll down. there are numerous frame examples and looking at them I bet you could make it work, even if you had to just buy a bit of extra strap, and buckles

Online Denzle

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 05:56:12 PM »
That’s what I was hoping Mark, Sportsbikeshop did say that I could order them and if they don’t fit they’d have them back for a full refund, I was just wondering if anyone on here had tried before I went down that route.
I have 2 Spain trips planned this year.... one with the boys and one with the wife. I won’t need them for boys week but with wifey in tow she’ll need room for stuff that only women find essential 😂
Denzle

Offline Speedy

• XR Pro
  • Town: Atlanta
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 06:07:19 PM »
Just chiming in....

The SW-Motech Blaze saddle bags work nicely with the XR.  Best part is when not in use, the support bars come off in less than 30sec, total.  The other nice thing is that you can buy support bars for other bikes and use the bags on multiple bikes.
2018 BMW S1000XR Ocean Blue - Current
2015 Yamaha FZ-09 Matte Grey - Current
2012 Kawasaki Concours 1400 Black - Sold
2001 Honda CBR 929 - Sold

Offline coastal59

• XR Member
  • Bike: 1000 xr se
  • Town: Anglesey
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 07:49:47 PM »
I used the SW Blaze on a Ducati i owned and they were very good.