Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Beeline? Anyone?  (Read 3179 times)

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Master
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Saint Paul
Beeline? Anyone?
« on: January 06, 2019, 05:25:46 PM »
This has been heavily pumped on social media of late, and being a guy who doesn't care much for Garmin products, I'm enthralled with the device.  Made in London, for all of you... people over there.  :001:

BEELINE

Has anyone looked into it?  Reactions?  I'm giving it some serious thought.
-Erik

"...but the XR is a sports bike on stilts!"
  -- zbdmark

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: Beeline? Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 05:47:57 PM »
As a once very famous Tennis player said !  " You cannot be serious ".   :005: Better off spending your dosh on some Golden Frothy Bavarian Beer..... :305: :305: :305:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Master
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 06:44:48 PM »
Well, yes.  :821:

But, it’s simple, it’s weatherproof, and works with your instantly up to date phone map data and requires no subscription for map upgrades.   None of this describes a Garmin GPS.

I already have to pair my cell with my Garmin to get traffic data... why not eliminate the middle man?

Besides, I’m a firm believer in supporting the English... and German economies!

« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 07:02:16 PM by Low-Brau »
-Erik

-- zbdmark

Offline FieldSanitation

• XR Member
  • Bike: K1200s
  • Town: Reston,VA
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 11:17:09 AM »
I bought in from the beginning, as I hate my phone for satnav, and will not buy a GPS.  I'm a decent land nav type, and know when to stop and ask for directions or check the map. 

I LOVE it's simplicity!  and for the way we ride, and for most engagements, you can do turn by turn or general direction.  really looking forward to getting ours.  I'm thinking they will be shipping soon!

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 12:43:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by FieldSanitation [+]
I bought in from the beginning, as I hate my phone for satnav, and will not buy a GPS.  I'm a decent land nav type, and know when to stop and ask for directions or check the map. 

We are exactly the same good job you posted on this never saw this looks a great.

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Master
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 01:26:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by FieldSanitation [+]

I LOVE it's simplicity!  and for the way we ride, and for most engagements, you can do turn by turn or general direction.  really looking forward to getting ours.  I'm thinking they will be shipping soon!

Having spent thousands of miles in the saddle, suffering Garmin's inability to route or find waypoints, readjusting to their definition changes of waypoints and enroute points and all the other things... I have relegated the device to being a media center more than a navigation tool.

But the BeeLine appears to be a pure and simple navigator.  I love the fact that it doesn't keep a database of gas stations and restaurants... just point me where I'm trying to end up.  Moreover, it doesn't tempt me into interacting with a navigational touch screen while I'm hurtling down the freeway at 100mph and thinking I should find a hamburger instead of concentrating on my driving.  :151:

Please please please post a detailed review when yours arrives!
-Erik

-- zbdmark

Offline otrp

• XR Master
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 01:43:57 PM »
I am also interested in seeing some reviews. Seems like common sense back to basics to me.   :002:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 01:44:40 PM by otrp »

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Master
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 01:48:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by otrp [+]
I am also interested in seeing some reviews. Seems like common sense back to basics to me.   :002:

I welcome you to the Luddite Club.   :152:

Give me paper maps and a magnetic needle, not a set of batteries and the latest hit from Ariana Grande (which sounds suspiciously like a large drink at Starbucks).
-Erik

-- zbdmark

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 04:06:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by Low-Brau [+]
I welcome you to the Luddite Club.   :152:

Give me paper maps and a magnetic needle, not a set of batteries and the latest hit from Ariana Grande (which sounds suspiciously like a large drink at Starbucks).

Yep me too  :002:

Just ordered one from Amazon.

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2019, 11:30:21 AM »
Came yesterday works great how it fits and if it stays on when it’s raining could be interesting but will be a useful aid when my map reading is off  :084: