Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Decisions - stick or twist?  (Read 212 times)

Online wessie

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 XR SE Sport
  • Town: Cheltenham
Decisions - stick or twist?
« on: January 22, 2019, 06:51:02 PM »
I have had the 2016 XR since July. It came with T31 fitted. Rear tyre is not long for the world and I will change the pair. I would be happy to use the T31 again.

My other bike is a R1200RS and this has Avon Storm 3DXM which are excellent tyres.

From an email with my local tyre emporium, Chris Mullins in Gloucester:

a pair of T31 would cost you fully fitted £275.00 in . The Avon 3DXM would be £195.00 and the Michelin Road 5 will be £290.00

I think it will be the Avons then...

Offline Gatsoburner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: Red XR SE
  • Town: Manchester
Re: Decisions - stick or twist?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 07:02:38 PM »

Sounds good for the price,  I'm running Mitchelin RS as a pair for 250 fitted, really pleased with them, not a long laster by the look of them though..
Therapy...

You'll never see a motorbike parked outside a psychiatrists.

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
Re: Decisions - stick or twist?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 09:50:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by Gatsoburner [+]
Sounds good for the price,  I'm running Mitchelin RS as a pair for 250 fitted, really pleased with them, not a long laster by the look of them though..

Had RS's on mine too, great tyre but don't last too long if you like to play a bit. Now have RS on front and Road-5 on rear, not a bad combination and should wear reasonably evenly.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

dysfunctional