Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Battery Charger  (Read 2589 times)

Offline PJP

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE SPORT
  • Town: Worcester
Battery Charger
« on: September 25, 2015, 05:49:59 PM »
I fitted my old Optimate trickle charger a couple of weeks ago, no problem, works fine. Read somewhere else that you need to fit a CAN compliant charger only ?

Anyone know if this is true as I will remove asap if it's going to cause an issue ?

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
Re: Battery Charger
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 07:50:18 PM »
Unless you're going to leave the bike sitting for more than 3 months, I wouldn't bother. I've left some of my bikes sitting all though the winter without a charger, and they've been fine.

Offline PJP

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE SPORT
  • Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 08:07:16 PM »
Thanks but I have had the Optimate on all of my bikes. Never put a new battery on so want to keep the Optimate so really need to know if it's ok and not got g to damage the electronics
Cheers

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 03:52:34 AM »
Always easy to check in with the dealer to make sure.  Have always used one type of trickle charger or another over the winter months on all my bikes due to the extreme cold temps where I live.  Definitely increases the lifetime of the battery.   :028:
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.