Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Brexit  (Read 713 times)

Offline RyanGTXR

• XR Member
  • Bike: KTM 1290 GT
  • Town: Notts
Re: Brexit
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 04:23:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by bazzer [+]
The will of HALF the people RyanGTXR :-)

More people voted to leave than to stay hence the "peoples democratic vote" was to leave. That's how democracy is supposed to work tight?  :001:

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2019, 04:36:20 PM »
While it’s a long time ago I haven’t forgotten having to travel with 3/4 currencies in our pocket,green card/Bail Bond/petrol coupons for Italy what joy.

Offline grizzle

• XR Pro
  • Bike: HP Motorsport
  • Town: North Wales
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2019, 05:25:34 PM »
This short video simplified it for me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLUbL1PB4BU

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2019, 06:47:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by grizzle [+]
This short video simplified it for me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLUbL1PB4BU

:001: Absolutely excellent.  :745: :745: :745:
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Markymark11

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2017 XR SE
  • Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2019, 07:48:20 AM »
Not that it will happen any time soon but you know how Euro 4 emissions makes our bikes run lean and they already have a different spec in the USA - wonder how Brexit may affect future versions of bikes ? Will there be Euro 5 , USA, GB,  versions  -  just a thought that crossed my small but manic mind  :008:

Offline bazzer

• XR Pro
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2019, 07:52:36 AM »
We will still get EU spec bikes would be my bet and to be fair EU emissions legislation for vehicles is a good thing. Just think how bad out busy cities would be without it.

Offline Markymark11

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2017 XR SE
  • Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2019, 08:01:29 AM »
 :0461: I would also guess it would not be worth changing the spec for GB as it must be a relatively small market. Just a thought though  :002:

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2019, 12:52:49 PM »
I guess we just have to buy British and only British goods and only ride in the UK :164:

I'm off to France three time in the next twelve months and have no worries about traveling in France, I have an old school UK licence "yes a nice Pink sort of coloured paper one" I'll just get the form from the post office and check with my insurers to make sure I am insured in France. Job done!

We all understand that a lot of the issues are still unresolved and may not get sorted for some time, as for the politics of it all, as my Mum said if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing!  :038:

Just on one note; one of my mates lives over in France has a French reg car but a EU UK licence, he got stopped on his way over here and got told by the French local police that he could not drive on his EU UK licence which is not the case at all.  As he's an ex UK cop and speaks fluent French after a bit of time on line on his phone showed the French local cop the role for EU driving licences. "on your way sir Thanks for that, hoo and see you down the bar Friday for cards right" Yes that local a cop!
Only in France! :047:
After over thirty years behind the bars, I’ve still not done it all or seen it all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/emmanuelgoldstein1

Offline Becksy

• XR Pro
  • Town: Warwickshire
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2019, 06:09:10 PM »
Just thought I’d post this link due to the Brexit sh#t show currently on going. 6 weeks to go and still no clue what it means. Updated this week:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prepare-to-drive-in-the-eu-after-brexit

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2019, 06:40:56 PM »
Like everything in life the paperwork always appears so much more confusing than it actually is. There may be changes IE, IDP but very easy to obtain as is the Green Card. As for the quite confusing information on claiming for an accident. No change their then as almost all of the information given, already is the norm. If you have comprehensive insurance then it is your Insurance Company that will chase the claim as its in their own interest. And they have always had to go through a local mediator.
So in reality not much will change.
Will there be a NO deal, I don't think so it's all bloody politics and in the end Europe need our importing power to keep many companies within Europe on an even keel. And they know that, it's really all a case of who blinks first and the facts show that Europe have never been very good at holding there nerve. I certainly will not be losing any sleep over any of this. Before we Know it it's going to be business as usual. Money talks and both sides do not want to bring financial whoe on there own side.     :440:  :001:   
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 06:42:47 PM by Bree »
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

dysfunctional