Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello  (Read 314 times)

Offline Mr_B

• XR Junior
Hello
« on: January 25, 2019, 06:25:58 PM »
New owner in Glasgow Scotland.  My XR has replaced my Fireblade because my best mates and I are riding from Glasgow...through as much of Europe as we can squeeze in to Italy in May.  We will be spending 3 days at Mugello taking in the Moto GP race before returning through the best roads Europe has to offer.  Only ridden about 50 miles on my new bike and already know it was the right choice for the trip.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 07:41:10 PM »
Unless you are on something like a Poleposition trip and going DIY we’ve been twice, first time made all the mistakes which came in handy the second but it’s one of those must do’s along with Jerez.

We normally go diagonal across France through Switzerland Aosta Milan or Turin Florence but if its hot a bitch of a journey,I presume you’ll go Hull across into Germany and then south?,the trick with Mugello is go in via the east side Paddock entrance,avoid the west side like the plague  :001:

Have a good’un..

Offline Mr_B

• XR Junior
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 08:18:00 PM »
We are doing Newcastle to Amsterdam and working down. Spending a whole day in Switzerland on the way out and plan to try and get Austria in on the way home. Bit of Belgium  Luxumberg, germany etc

One mate on a Multistrada and the other on a 1200 VFR so should be interesting to see who wins in the comfort area.

We've done a fair amount of research but any tips for Mugello would be great? Heard getting out of the track each day can take hours.

Cheers

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 08:59:09 PM »
First time we stayed at a hotel west side of Florence,part of any of our race trips is doing the tourist thing so it’s Michael Angelo square looking down on the Ponti Vechia is a must do.

We used to bollock up the motorway to the junction and half hour into the track,sat/sun is fine race day is total chaos only time we have been to a circuit on a bike and thought sh#t!!! Coming out after the race waited 4 hours and was on the Tiger and in the end literally rode cross country through the fields(with hundreds of others)till we came out nearer the motorway.

Second time stayed in a hotel in northern Florence and rode up through the country lanes and came in via the east side (paddock entrance)and it’s a doddle.

It’s possible to stay nearer the track but it’s like the dark net trying to find good places  :002:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 09:00:16 PM by Winger »