Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: KTM 1290 adventure s any Views ???  (Read 682 times)

Offline gb.lh

• XR Member
  • Bike: The Faster Red 1
  • Town: Mancunia
KTM 1290 adventure s any Views ???
« on: February 01, 2019, 12:27:08 AM »
Has anybody had any test rides and have any views on this bike thanks
F ¥€k work💩 let's ride 🚵

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: KTM 1290 adventure s any Views ???
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 11:58:16 AM »
Riding wise I can only compare the GT that i’ve ridden,while down at the Aragon Moto GP last September had a mighty encounter with a well ridden Adventure while we were on a much modded K1200 it was errr cough!!! Very difficult to deal with because of its bottom end grunt and despite having 19” front wheel turned very well.

Biggest problem with KTM’s is finding a decent dealer close enough to where you live  i’ve Been in two recently trying to sort a GT out they do vary!!! :015:

Offline advr6

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Burlington
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 05:16:01 PM »
I took one out for a test drive last summer and was not impressed.  It seemed down on power compared to the XR  (I made sure I was not rain mode).   The route was mainly straight roads and 90 degree turns so can't really comment on the handling.   Not sure if all the build quality and reliability issues of the 1190 series have been addressed on this generation.  Probably a good idea to look at the 1290 forum to get an idea.

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 10:55:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by advr6 [+]
I took one out for a test drive last summer and was not impressed.  It seemed down on power compared to the XR  (I made sure I was not rain mode).   The route was mainly straight roads and 90 degree turns so can't really comment on the handling.   Not sure if all the build quality and reliability issues of the 1190 series have been addressed on this generation.  Probably a good idea to look at the 1290 forum to get an idea.

That's rather strange, I had a test ride on the '17 Superduke R and it was an absolute beast to ride...will eat the XR in a straight line, handling wise they're very close to each other. I nearly bought the GT version but as mentioned by Winger, there wasn't a dealer close enough to me....there are horror stories poor customer service and engine failures etc.. but I think they may be exaggerated somewhat....all brands have their own issues.

Smithy.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 10:56:16 PM by smithy »
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline coastal59

• XR Member
  • Bike: 1000 xr se
  • Town: Anglesey
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 12:34:14 PM »
I test rode one in 2017 i think it was , Plenty power but i never got on with it and uncomfotable for me and i have gone off V twins.

Offline gb.lh

• XR Member
  • Bike: The Faster Red 1
  • Town: Mancunia
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 12:52:53 AM »
Thanks everyone...looks like a test ride imminent on the 1290 adventure s
F ¥€k work💩 let's ride 🚵

Online Markymark11

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2017 XR SE
  • Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 07:27:44 AM »
I rode one a while ago, It rode OK (not a massive fan of V twins so my hands ached)  but there are not enough dealers anywhere near me and the only person I know with one has had recalls and all sorts of nonsense. Personally I think it is one of those bikes you must really want to own and put up with any little issues. If you are near a good dealer then it would be much easier. Bit like an Aprilia  :008: Good luck and enjoy

dysfunctional