Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Headres Arrow or Akrapovic  (Read 2233 times)

Offline miategra

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Istanbul
Headres Arrow or Akrapovic
« on: February 09, 2019, 08:22:00 PM »
Hi guys

After couple of performance wise mods (by the way I don't think that s1000xr needs any of these... :)  ) s1000rr intake tube, akra slipon, rapidbike evo, I'm on to something serious and looking for a headers. The thing is I there is a reasonable price gap between akro and arrow (on my previous SS bikes I always preferred arrow). Can any one comment on these two ?
I just want to explain that the cost difference between two is like a set of tires for me. So let me hear your thoughts.

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Re: Headres Arrow or Akrapovic
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 11:49:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by miategra [+]
Hi guys

After couple of performance wise mods (by the way I don't think that s1000xr needs any of these... :)  ) s1000rr intake tube, akra slipon, rapidbike evo, I'm on to something serious and looking for a headers. The thing is I there is a reasonable price gap between akro and arrow (on my previous SS bikes I always preferred arrow). Can any one comment on these two ?
I just want to explain that the cost difference between two is like a set of tires for me. So let me hear your thoughts.

I believe the Akra comes in stainless and Titanium, not sure if Arrow do Titanium, I have the stainless Arrows, good quality kit too.

Smithy. 
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline miategra

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Istanbul
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 02:55:23 AM »
Hi Smithy,

I planning to go with Arrow but while checking the part numbers and etc form their web site (link below) I have seen that it doesn't have the bungs for o2 sensors. Is it right also can you write the part number of the Arrow headers that you are using ?

https://www.arrow.it/en/assembled/1442/BMW-S-1000-XR-2015-2018

Offline smithy

• XR Master
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 04:45:31 AM »
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 04:49:59 AM by smithy »
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline merlin

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Ilminster
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 12:15:34 AM »
And they look it.

Arrow any day.

Offline KostaXR

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Adelaide
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 08:24:00 AM »
The sound from the Arrow may not be the same as the Akra
I had Akra on the Ninja .. was a full stainless system , it sounded crazy and performed really well . I even got great fuel economy after fitting it and tuning it in electronically 
The Akra is the only system ( I believe) that BMW endorse for warranty , so that's a consideration in itself if you have a new .. ish bike
Akra is painfully expensive but will be the ducks nuts
that's only my opinion , but there you have it
cheers KOSTAXR

Offline smithy

• XR Master
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 09:10:06 AM »
Akra Stainless and Arrow Stainless are similar price....it's the titanium Akra headers that are silly money.

Smithy.

Offline damodici

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR SE HP
  • Town: Nottingham
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 07:16:55 PM »
Would fitting the Akra SS headers with a slip on such as the Sc Project High level work ok? I presume the exhaust outlets mount and end up in exactly the same place as the standard headers with the cat?

And although I'm sure run a little lean, would fitting the headers without a Rapid bike / PCV or ECU tune be ok for a period of time and not throw any codes?

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 08:45:01 PM »
Headers come out the same position as the stockers so you can fit any X/R can,when you take the stock headers off along with the electrics it does show a code but you will need a GS911 to see it shows nothing on the dash.

Offline damodici

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR SE HP
  • Town: Nottingham
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2019, 08:52:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Headers come out the same position as the stockers so you can fit any X/R can,when you take the stock headers off along with the electrics it does show a code but you will need a GS911 to see it shows nothing on the dash.

Cheers, isn't the gs911 the bmw software?

Is there any aftermarket plug in that can clear that code instead as I don't have access to the gs911.

I'm currently just thinking about fitting the Akrapovic headers and the slip on, then attend to fueling later if need be

dysfunctional