Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Headres Arrow or Akrapovic  (Read 245 times)

Offline miategra

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Istanbul
Headres Arrow or Akrapovic
« on: February 09, 2019, 08:22:00 PM »
Hi guys

After couple of performance wise mods (by the way I don't think that s1000xr needs any of these... :)  ) s1000rr intake tube, akra slipon, rapidbike evo, I'm on to something serious and looking for a headers. The thing is I there is a reasonable price gap between akro and arrow (on my previous SS bikes I always preferred arrow). Can any one comment on these two ?
I just want to explain that the cost difference between two is like a set of tires for me. So let me hear your thoughts.

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
Re: Headres Arrow or Akrapovic
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 11:49:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by miategra [+]
Hi guys

After couple of performance wise mods (by the way I don't think that s1000xr needs any of these... :)  ) s1000rr intake tube, akra slipon, rapidbike evo, I'm on to something serious and looking for a headers. The thing is I there is a reasonable price gap between akro and arrow (on my previous SS bikes I always preferred arrow). Can any one comment on these two ?
I just want to explain that the cost difference between two is like a set of tires for me. So let me hear your thoughts.

I believe the Akra comes in stainless and Titanium, not sure if Arrow do Titanium, I have the stainless Arrows, good quality kit too.

Smithy. 
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline miategra

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Istanbul
Re: Headres Arrow or Akrapovic
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 02:55:23 AM »
Hi Smithy,

I planning to go with Arrow but while checking the part numbers and etc form their web site (link below) I have seen that it doesn't have the bungs for o2 sensors. Is it right also can you write the part number of the Arrow headers that you are using ?

https://www.arrow.it/en/assembled/1442/BMW-S-1000-XR-2015-2018

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
« Last Edit: Today at 04:49:59 AM by smithy »
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

dysfunctional