Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Headres Arrow or Akrapovic  (Read 2022 times)

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Re: Headres Arrow or Akrapovic
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2019, 11:39:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by xeoMe [+]
Great explanation Smithy, waiting on my akrapovic headers for my '15 going to keep the stock exhaust and maybe a other air filter.

As I understand it, the stock air filter is very good, some of the BMW race teams still use the stock air filter in their RR's....the XR uses the same air filter.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2019, 06:33:56 AM »
*Originally Posted by smithy [+]
You're welcome Sir....others may have a differing opinion though.. :027:

Smithy.

Akrapovic do 😀

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2019, 06:37:39 AM »
*Originally Posted by smithy [+]
In reality, yes you do, however, the stock ECU has some "wiggle room", the 15 & 16 or Euro-3 have a bit more of this "wiggle room" than the later Euro-4 machines. Some have fitted headers without too much drama but my experience with my 17 model with Arrow headers says that it ran a bit lean at smaller throttle settings and caused poor "rideability" when just pootling around....
I fitted a Rapid Bike EVO module and I had a fiddle with the lower end mapping.... and now shes as smooth as a baby's bum. I also fitted a separate "wideband" O2 sensor and guage so I could monitor the fuel ratio in "real time".

Smithy.

Akra headers/MIVV/Power Commander/custom map/no Lambas so the ECU isn’t trying to disappear up it’s own backside/DNA filter.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 06:38:31 AM by Winger »

Online miategra

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Istanbul
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2019, 11:14:45 AM »
Little update,

I decided to buy the akro from an Italian Seller (Dragomoto, I would like to thank them because they were very helpful).
As usual nothing goes strait for me. Seller shipped it very fast but this time currier (Fed-Ex) somehow mismatched the shipping addresses which ended my header in Norway and Noways slip-on in my address. What ever seller solved the isue very fast and I have my headers now.
I will try to update my impressions and before/after rapidbike evo autotune table differences after I make the installation.
For now my setup is; RR intake tube, OEM airfilter, RapidBike EVO, Akro Slip-on without db-killer. I will be adding headers soon.
By the way, I talked to Yaman about my setup and he strongly advices to block SAI for proper autotune but I'm not sure because I think that I will loose pops and bangs If I block SAI. Does any one has experience about blocking the SAI ?

« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 04:29:12 PM by miategra »

Online miategra

• XR Member
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2019, 05:03:10 PM »
Hi guys,

I want to list down my performance mods list till today. Till today because bike literally transformed with toad's add on.
S1000rr intake tube
RapidBike Evo
Akro end can
Today I installed akro SS headers…
Sound wise it is incredible but the feeling how smooth and lively the bike can’t be told. You have to experience it. I’m sure that akro can and oem can nearly identical so as for feeling I think it will be identical. But on the other hand with the akro, sound deep and rich growling. I don't even mention about pops and bangs. Some of you would remember k5/k6 gixxers, how they were deep and rich in sound with just a slip-on, it same. Best part, bike is so direct and agile to throttle movements. This is the feeling what excited me most. It is soooo direct now. No hesitations on pickup awesome linearity, I didn't feel any loss on mid range, and the top end it is soo much happier.
I'm so excited that I just want to share my experience. I have just done around 60kms with the headers. Autotune is enabled on rapidbike and I'll contact to Yaman for further improvements about rapidbike. As told before he consistently tells me to block SAI the get a accurate fuel mapping but I'm sure because I don't want to loose cracking exhaust note. But I will try and let you know.

Offline SimonUK

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2019, 05:38:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by miategra [+]
As told before he consistently tells me to block SAI the get a accurate fuel mapping but I'm sure because I don't want to loose cracking exhaust note. But I will try and let you know.

I have a full akra installed with the SLS(pair valve) blocked off. In Dynamic/Pro it still pops and bangs on the over-run, pops are much reduced in road mode(and I guess rain, though ahven't been there yet).

Offline xeoMe

• XR Junior
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2019, 09:01:41 PM »
Got my akra headers installed 100km ago and i love them  :305:
Great sound and i'm not having any issues with the lower rpm pulls.

Just did the headers, still got stock airfilter, ecu or exhaust.

Online miategra

• XR Member
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2019, 09:38:12 PM »
@SimonUK
I will definitely consider that. I also know that Yaman is a experienced guy thats why without out a reasonable point he won't say some thing like that.
By the way @SimonUK excuse me if I missed, do you have an aftermarket fueling piggyback ?

Offline SimonUK

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2019, 10:00:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by miategra [+]
@SimonUK
I will definitely consider that. I also know that Yaman is a experienced guy thats why without out a reasonable point he won't say some thing like that.
By the way @SimonUK excuse me if I missed, do you have an aftermarket fueling piggyback ?

I have a RB Racing module with MyTuningBike installed.