Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Interesting Complete Exhaust System  (Read 588 times)

Offline SimonUK

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
Re: Interesting Complete Exhaust System
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2019, 02:07:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by smithy [+]
"Racing" module would be overkill IMHO, unless you're racing of course, they have launch control and a few other farkles but I doubt I'd ever use them to full effect.

Lord Knobrot

Probably true, but I got had it on a previous bike!

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2019, 07:18:35 AM »
"Racing" module would be overkill IMHO, unless you're racing of course, they have launch control and a few other farkles but I doubt I'd ever use them to full effect.

Lord Knobrot

Racing module with Lamba sensors now there’s a contradiction if you like  :002:

Online merlin

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Ilminster
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2019, 10:03:34 AM »
LOL....mine has 3 O2 sensors, the two stock narrow-band sensors which are still used by the original ECU and RB EVO.... and a single wideband sensor with a "real-time" guage, used by myself as a tuning aid.
So, is there any benefit in spending £400 or so for a PC5 or RB Evo on a bike like mine, which is basically standard apart from the RC Project can (with maybe a K&N filter)....??? Or maybe RB Easy?

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2019, 03:48:58 PM »
I’d say no on both accounts paying 400 quid for a PC paid less than half that for mine and you’ll get little out of fitting such on the stock system.

If your next question is it worth headers/PC/filter with a custom map oh blimey yes just a shame BM are not allowed to sell stock bikes as such,buy secondhand and fit your self makes things far more financially viable.

Online merlin

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Ilminster
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2019, 05:15:05 PM »
OK. I got my XR as a 2 year old so financially worth doing the headers etc. The Arrow system looks OK and should fit my SC can.
I'll wait until the summer is over though as we have some trips to do and I need luggage etc yet....

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2019, 05:28:20 PM »
Play  the long game just wait till a Secondhand PC turns up there’s a guy in NI who advertises fair regularly on eBay,and with these new headers Turning up at £400 assum8ng they fit OK far cheaper way to do it.

Oh and plenty of home work about taking the OE headers off,always remember a guy on the other defunct forum saying the nuts on the inner pipes ‘Eat his lunch’ when he was trying to undo them  :001:

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2019, 04:06:48 AM »
LOL...taking the inside two cylinder nuts off is easy compared to getting the bastage middle two cylinder springs back on the headers.  :230: :172:
Been there, done that.

Smithy. 
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

dysfunctional