Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Welcome to Our 1600th Member!  (Read 2790 times)

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
Re: Welcome to Our 1600th Member!
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 03:48:10 PM »
Where are you getting that info from Winger?

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 04:13:53 PM »
This forum have a look at posts 16 early 17 check the names out and see if their still here?

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2019, 06:18:06 PM »
About the same as other forums that I have been on and still partake in. So nothing extraordinary on here. In fact they all appear to have a hard core of members, with the rest being very Transient, plus many members Join but do not post at all. That does not mean they have left...
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 07:25:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by Bree [+]
About the same as other forums

Not BMW ones it ain’t long term ownership of such is very common.

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2019, 08:21:06 AM »
 :027:  I suggest you actually read my post, if you can. I mention that there is a hard core of members on all forums.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 08:26:07 AM by Bree »

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2019, 09:06:33 AM »
And I suggest you get out into the big wide world of BMW where people do not bail at the 2 year mark which appears to be norm on here.

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2019, 09:45:46 AM »

Bikes being changed more regularly these days, and more often than not - for a different make/type - reasons?

As bikes have become more intricate - more and more owners are changing for the latest and greatest

Similarly - a lot are wary of ownership outside of warranty.

PCPs mean that people are changing their bikes more often, albeit they possibly go for the same again.

People are owning/trying as many bikes as they can  - because they can (PCP allowing that easily)

So - are people trying the XR and deserting after a brief period of ownership?  Probably no more than any other bike which isn’t in the ‘budget’ category.

Is there a large number who still own an XR, but no longer post on this site?   Could be quite a few, as it is more of a ‘technical’ site than ‘social’ site.

*All the above - tempered with the caveat:   I RECKON.   :028:

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2019, 11:39:24 AM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
And I suggest you get out into the big wide world of BMW where people do not bail at the 2 year mark which appears to be norm on here.

LOL  :745:  Then Post your official information to prove your point. I await with bated breath.

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2019, 03:59:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bree [+]

LOL  :745:  Then Post your official information to prove your point. I await with bated breath.

If you ever take your blinkers off there are some fantastic BM site driven by folks who are long term owners.

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2019, 04:09:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mareng1 [+]
Bikes being changed more regularly these days, and more often than not - for a different make/type - reasons?

As bikes have become more intricate - more and more owners are changing for the latest and greatest

Similarly - a lot are wary of ownership outside of warranty.

PCPs mean that people are changing their bikes more often, albeit they possibly go for the same again.

People are owning/trying as many bikes as they can  - because they can (PCP allowing that easily)

So - are people trying the XR and deserting after a brief period of ownership?  Probably no more than any other bike which isn’t in the ‘budget’ category.

Is there a large number who still own an XR, but no longer post on this site?   Could be quite a few, as it is more of a ‘technical’ site than ‘social’ site.

*All the above - tempered with the caveat:   I RECKON.   :028:

Interesting post without doubt PCP is a major influence because it changes motorcycles from an extension of your arm to a throw away appliance,my take on the X/R and why folks bail out it’s a focused bike with a capital F and most bikers think they are when confronted with the reality are anything but.

The new model that is due will interesting because it will be the same as when Yamaha when from a revvy motor to Big Bang which should be a major change hopefully they have mastered the MPG Yamaha haven’t.

You point about the tech side i’d Say this is the least tech site I use,although as the bike gets older and the folks further down the food chain move in hopefully that will change,the only difference I see betweenyears  is the ECU but folks buy parts from different years all will be revealed.