Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New book title - 'Should I Go Touring?'  (Read 204 times)

Offline marksmcparts

• Approved Vendor
  • XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Bath
New book title - 'Should I Go Touring?'
« on: February 19, 2019, 06:57:27 PM »
Hi,
I've been working on a new book recently that has just gone on sale. The title is 'Should I Go Touring? A manual for anyone new to motorcycle touring'.
I guess that's pretty self explanatory - the idea is to offer some help and guidance to anyone either thinking about their first tour, or going abroad for the first time. The text is informal and easy going and rather than telling you how to have your holiday, it helps you to make the decisions to have your own adventure the way you want it to be. I've tried to put 10 years of experience down on paper so that anyone new to touring holidays can know what to expect and hopefully benefit from a few of the lessons I've learnt along the way.

Available here....

https://www.marksmotorcycleparts.co.uk/product-page/should-i-go-touring-book

Thanks for looking, all the best, Mark

Online Bree

• XR God
Re: New book title - 'Should I Go Touring?'
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 07:20:26 PM »
Sounds like a great idea, and if its as good as your workshop manual it will be a great buy..
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Online Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 07:41:03 PM »
How much!!!!!   :087:

(Kidding)

:001:

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 11:24:34 AM »
I'm sure for newer riders it's a great read good, maybe I was younger and dumber but the first touring was, I just packed the bike up with a tent and the other half squeezed in-between me and all the kit and got on the ferry and headed south until I hit the Cote d'azur stayed for a few days and headed home across the Alps.  No plan no stress, learnt loads, so the book may ease the learning curve for some.

Good luck with the book.
After over thirty years behind the bars, I’ve still not done it all or seen it all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/emmanuelgoldstein1

dysfunctional