Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Starting Problem  (Read 10511 times)

Offline James55

• XR Junior
  • Bike: BMWs1000XR
  • Town: Johnson City
Re: Starting Problem
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2019, 01:47:41 AM »
*Originally Posted by mgbiker [+]
Yeap...that is the problem according the dealer here in Athens and the the BMW Motorrad instructions...
Till now..everything ok!

Before:

After:

This doesnt transfer the high temperature from the cooland line to the fuel line..and the fuel pump works now !

Did BMW acknowledge a problem and send a fix to the dealer or was this a solution from an independent dealer in Athens.  I wondering how to get this information sent to my local dealer to implement the fix.  Looks to be mainly labor of removing the tank and could do myself but would prefer to have this addressed as a warranty issue.  Thanks for the photos and information.  Very helpful.

Online SimonUK

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2019, 11:50:56 AM »
*Originally Posted by mgbiker [+]
This doesnt transfer the high temperature from the cooland line to the fuel line..and the fuel pump works now !

I find it interesting that blame is being laid on the coolant line for heat transfer! The covering of heat shielding would suggest it is engine heat. Glad you got it sorted though.

Offline mgbiker

• XR Junior
  • Bike: Bmw S1000XR
  • Town: Athens
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2019, 05:17:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by James55 [+]
Did BMW acknowledge a problem and send a fix to the dealer or was this a solution from an independent dealer in Athens.  I wondering how to get this information sent to my local dealer to implement the fix.  Looks to be mainly labor of removing the tank and could do myself but would prefer to have this addressed as a warranty issue.  Thanks for the photos and information.  Very helpful.

Dealer told me he had received instructions from BMW ..

Offline mgbiker

• XR Junior
  • Bike: Bmw S1000XR
  • Town: Athens
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2019, 05:30:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by SimonUK [+]
I find it interesting that blame is being laid on the coolant line for heat transfer! The covering of heat shielding would suggest it is engine heat. Glad you got it sorted though.
Αt some point the coolant pipe was touching almost the fuel pipe..Anyway I wish to not have the same problem again. :155:

Online merlin

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Ilminster
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2019, 05:56:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by smithy [+]
There's a lot of people replacing their original batteries with lithium

What makes/specs are we using please?

Online Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2019, 07:14:35 PM »
I’ll digress rather than jump in at the deep end I fitted a lithium(SPS) on my SuperMoto on the basis I was never going to be a million miles from home that was 5 years ago this month,it stands for literally months without charging so god knows how long it is going to last.

I have a JMT on my X/R I put it on just as winter was setting and and that has also got the no trickle charging treatment,although I do have a lithium Optimate.

In recent months there have been some interesting prices on ebay with the Shido option as low as £50.

The elephant in the room is the cold there’s heaps of posts on the net about them not likeing such but as I don’t either  :002:  i’m not Going to have a problem if you ride year round the solution appears let the bike stand and let the lights draw on the battery which warns it up.

Upside does it fire the motor up with some gusto  :005:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 07:15:55 PM by Winger »

Online merlin

• XR Pro
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2019, 07:25:18 PM »
I think I'd favour the JMT; do you remember the part number as different sellers seem to have different ideas on which suits the XR. I don't have any current-eating extras fitted...

Online Winger

• XR God
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2019, 08:37:58 PM »
I wouldn’t be putting too much onus on make relatively speaking your getting into the realms of the unknown but I’ve got HJTX14H if it spits it’s dummy out for whatever reason or I put one on another bike it’ll be a Shido for no other reason it’s the new kid on block.

Oh and don’t waste your time trying to relate to what the guys have in the States totally different suppliers although I do see it’s now possible to get a Deltran go looking at a Shorai and you’ll need a mortgage here in the UK.

Online merlin

• XR Pro
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2019, 08:42:41 PM »
OK cool thanks, I'll look that or the Shido equivalent. And probably the JMC4000 canbus charger.

Online Winger

• XR God
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2019, 08:42:31 PM »
Back on eBay from Calsport 54 quid.

dysfunctional