Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: BMW OEM TYRES  (Read 5609 times)

Offline grizzle

• XR Pro
  • Bike: HP Motorsport
  • Town: North Wales
Re: BMW OEM TYRES
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2019, 04:27:04 PM »
Last 2 sets of michelins I ordered through tyreleader were dispatched directly from michelin in france with a build code only weeks old
never tried oponeo but they do have a great price for the 5's

Offline Markymark11

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 MotorSport
  • Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2019, 06:05:45 PM »
Hi Winger - no I hadn't heard of them thank you  :002: I will store that in the memory as well. I have always in the past used the same tyre guys which is Micheldever tyres near me. They have always price matched and been more than competitive over the years and I got to know a few of the lads there who were always decent with me. I even had a free rear tyre out of them when I got a puncture the first day, and they came and recovered me and replaced the tyre free even though it was not faulty.

As so often happens unfortunately - they have changed hands and are no longer as keenly priced. The guys I knew have gone and I am back to being just a "punter" I guess. That coupled with the high prices of rubber now has lead me to think about shopping on-line and hence some of my questions. It is obvious I can save a lot of money on-line but of course want to be wary of any pitfalls as a short term gain can quickly turn into huge expense as I'm sure we all know.

I think from what you have all said that it is worth the risk and on this occasion, I will order from Oponeo as they seem the cheapest for the 2 that I am interested in (Mich R5 or Roadtec 01). I have just got to make a final decision and find a local guy to fit them. Removal and refit of the wheels should be no problem for me due to advise given, but I don't have tyre fitting  / balancing tools.

I much appreciate all the help and advise received - thank you all  :821:

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2019, 08:54:13 PM »
I understand you bit about becoming a punter again i’m Never going into the pros and cons of where I get mine but just to make a mockery of all this tyre lark just had a mail come in from M&P Avon Storm 3D XM  120/70/17 190/55/17 £140 posted not the £125 I paid last year but still fitted to my K and more than able to get the job done.

When mine turned up expected tyres 3 years old instead had dates that were just a few weeks old.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 08:55:59 PM by Winger »

Offline Bree

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2019, 09:33:42 PM »
Have looked at M&P but never had the tyre I was looking for. Hat full of Avon tyres, but not my cup of tea.
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2019, 12:32:39 AM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
I understand you bit about becoming a punter again i’m Never going into the pros and cons of where I get mine but just to make a mockery of all this tyre lark just had a mail come in from M&P Avon Storm 3D XM  120/70/17 190/55/17 £140 posted not the £125 I paid last year but still fitted to my K and more than able to get the job done.

When mine turned up expected tyres 3 years old instead had dates that were just a few weeks old.

Got the e-mail with that offer.    Cheap tyres indeed.  I believe the Storms were a one-time favourite with the Hyabusa mob.   

Offline Markymark11

• XR Pro
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2019, 10:16:36 AM »
Decide to play safe (in as much as I've mainly always used Michelins) and went for road 5's. £223 delivered and my local garage will fit for £10 per loose wheel which I will do next week. So total cost of £243 compared to my previous best quote from a couple of local tyre places of £296. . :002:  besides which it gives me a good excuse to clean all around the inside of the swing arm etc which I do once or twice a year anyway.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 10:17:14 AM by Markymark11 »

Offline Bree

• XR God
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2019, 10:34:54 AM »
Yep good price, and the fitting is the same as I pay per loose wheel. And a good saving over the local tyre shop price cannot be bad.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 10:37:01 AM by Bree »
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline Markymark11

• XR Pro
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2019, 10:38:44 AM »
Yes well pleased Bree, and without the forum and you guys I would have ended up paying the full price so a global "Thank You" to all contributors  :821:....   now Shuberth C3 or C3 pro   hmmmm...........lol
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 10:40:00 AM by Markymark11 »

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2019, 05:45:40 PM »
Went out yesterday after some heavy rain and roads were still wet with my OEM T30 crap tyres. Had 2 rear wheel slips on normal roads. As I said crap tyres  :305:
PSH

Offline jackandthebear

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr Sport SE
  • Town: swindon
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2019, 08:19:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by Markymark11 [+]
Yes well pleased Bree, and without the forum and you guys I would have ended up paying the full price so a global "Thank You" to all contributors  :821:....   now Shuberth C3 or C3 pro   hmmmm...........lol
Helmetcity for discounted Schuberth
https://www.helmetcity.co.uk/shop-by-brand/schuberth-helmets/schuberth-sale/

dysfunctional