Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: BMW OEM TYRES  (Read 5792 times)

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
Re: BMW OEM TYRES
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2019, 07:44:21 AM »
I use a lot of tyres because of the trackdays, I use FWR now https://www.fwr.co.uk/ Always worth giving them a call as Bob and the guys can normally match most deals.

I used to use some of the European online sites a lot, but I got fed up with getting old date code tyres, more of an issue with track tyres.

If I was just getting one pair a year for the road bike I think I would go down the low hassle route and go to the nearest place I trusted not to damage my rims.

Offline wilbert

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 XR Sport SE
  • Town: Lancashire
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2019, 08:14:50 PM »
Whilst killing time waiting for my bike to be fixed at the dealers I had a look round the new bikes they had in stock. Interesting to see that none of the XRs were shod with T30's but had Pirelli Rossos on instead.

Offline wessie

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 XR SE Sport
  • Town: Cheltenham
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2019, 08:48:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by wilbert [+]
Whilst killing time waiting for my bike to be fixed at the dealers I had a look round the new bikes they had in stock. Interesting to see that none of the XRs were shod with T30's but had Pirelli Rossos on instead.

the T31 has been out some time. Are T30 still made?

Also, the euro dipped against the yen earlier this year so maybe European sourced tyres became cheaper? BMW often uses Metzeler tyres (Z8 on my RS) which is a sister brand to Pirelli, so no surprise they have a batch in.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 08:49:56 PM by wessie »

Offline wilbert

• XR Pro
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2019, 09:45:23 PM »
No idea. Only thing I know about the T30's were that they were average in the dry and shite in the wet. Glad to see the stock rubber has improved somewhat

Offline Markymark11

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 MotorSport
  • Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2019, 10:48:45 PM »
See mine had rosso's on and they were done at 3000 miles and really hard to hold a line in a corner. Replaced with Mich Road 5's, 4k miles ago and only just past half worn and corners like a dream - I expect 6k or 7k which will be great. The T30's on the Versys 1000 were actually really good - just shows how different we all are on the same equipment lol  :002:

Offline rmh999

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Swindon, Wilts
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2019, 10:53:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by wilbert [+]

My 2016 came with Pirelli Rosso`s - interesting as its was an ex-demo bike
So do they (dealer or BMW) put sporty / sticky tyres on the demo bikes to inspire confidence and then you buy and get the cheap rubbish option ?

Had about 1000 miles on the bike so would not have "needed" to be changed....and did  nto look new

Just had the front replace and stuck with the Pirelli`s - although there is a newer version I got a deal on the same older version and fitted same day...

Offline sipaldi

• XR Member
  • Bike: SPORT SE HP
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2019, 01:19:06 PM »
 My new bike, 5weeks old now, came with the diablo's but I did notice all the other XR's in the showroom had Bridgestones on. I went in 2 weeks ago and a new batch of XR's in also had the bridgestones. Weird eh....

Offline SAVAGEFOX

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR SPORT SE
  • Town: Croydon
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2019, 02:24:43 PM »
My bike, bought specifically 1 year ago, came with T30’s, I did ask at the time if I could have different tyres as there was wide variety on the showroom across all bike and they said no, it’s as come from factory, so I assume luck of the draw?!

Just changed tyres last week to Roadtec 01 and it’s an unbelievable set of tyres(had them fitted on my S1000R as well before the XR)

On the T30’s I did 7200miles, lasted exactly 1y2w and I wouldn’t say they’re rubish, just not nearly as good as others can be... the worst part about them for me is that during the last 500 - 1000miles I felt every pebble, road fault, everything.
2018 BMW S1000XR SPORT SE
Previous bikes:
2016 BMW S1000R SPORT ABS
2015 YAMAHA MT-07 ABS

Offline wilbert

• XR Pro
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2019, 08:43:48 PM »
My bike has just over 6k on it and i'm on my 3rd rear tyre. Took the stock ones off at about 2k and the rear was about 2/3 worn, replaced them with roadtecs and the front is about 2/3 worn after 4k and the rear bit the dust and was replaced about 200 miles ago.

Offline Randy98199

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2019 S1000XR
  • Town: Seattle
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2019, 11:50:47 PM »
My '19 XR I picked up in August had the T30's. I also asked if I could get something different and the best they could do was a discount on something else they had in stock but not the Road 5's I wanted. I've put about 2000 miles on the T30's and while they are alright in the dry on wet roads they don't come close to the Road 4's I had on my Vstrom. Just bought a set of Road 5's and will have them fitted next week.
2019 S1000XR Triple Black

dysfunctional